Author Topic: True price of 750K0  (Read 3999 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
True price of 750K0
« on: May 28, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »
This person seemed to list his CB750K0  bike at a reasonable auction  price, not sure if it sold or not. Rob a friend of mine and fellow 350K twin owner, sent the seller a very valid question on it, as he had owned one in early 1970 and has been watching all of the examples sold recently. (The seller included his question at the end) I reckon people like 'Frank' on eBay are artificially  hiking up the price but never actually realize anything like the asking price. I have always pitched on my UK K0 being worth about 9k when complete (not that I reckon I will ever sell it)  and this is  what the seller was asking as  a start price for his.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111671781774?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Make no mistake though that those early bikes are money pits with sharks (mainly on eBay UK ) out to pull a fast one on you. Example this looks a little optimistic when Saisei have a set of Yamiya NoNo pipes on there at the same time at less than half the price. A well respected sandcast restorer I know took a brand new set of HM300's off his bike and bought a set of no.no. ones from Saisei as he considers they are more in keeping with the original pipes and without the 'paragraphing' stamped into them. My Genuine HM300's are stashed in the loft but when I eventually get the bike done and come to fit them, God knows if they will fit properly as i heard horror stories about fit and quality at the end of production.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-HM300-Exhaust-System-NOS-CB750-K0-K1-/261897859386?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cfa54313a

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re: True price of 750K0
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 05:15:37 PM »
Blimey Ash £2900 that's just a rip off. You would be scared to start the engine at that price. Its no wonder some owners are in the ridiculous situation of keeping the exhausts in the loft and running the bike with a cheap 4 into 1 fitted. Just paid £880 for a set of Sankei exhausts for the 350F and I thought that was madness. Its £200 more than I paid for the entire bike. Crazy.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 07:54:44 PM »
Its no wonder some owners are in the ridiculous situation of keeping the exhausts in the loft
;) init
 i got two sets of cb750 exhausts in the loft now if they sell for that sort of money im gonna have to cash them in lol
i got a set of hm300 and set of no number pipes and dont really know or care which pipes are correct for the k0 model but on the bikes they will go when the time comes,unless i sell them first  ;)
     on the subject of twins ,a guy not to far from me said he sold a restored cb250 k0 for £4700 but i think he was telling pork pies ,i was offered the very same bike for £1200 although it was unrestored then but still in original condition i have known that bike to have spent the last forty years in a local bike shop
 can a learner legal bike then, be worth the effort now  ::)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 08:05:28 PM »
The true price of a KO is what someone is prepared to pay. Classic motorcycles sold a blue one last week for 25K.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 08:16:18 PM »
 ;) wish he came to me first trigg,i could have sold him mine and thrown a red one in for free. now you got thinking im sitting on a gold mine  ;)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 08:31:39 PM »
On the right day with the right person prices can be quite high, to restore properly you have to spend a small fortune, it is really foolish to then sell for less than what you spent doing it up, but then you do see these people who spend 10k doing a bike up and selling it on after all the hard work for much less
As for franks prices i just dont believe they are real,  just take a look at what early z,ds are fetching now they are overtaking sandcast prices in some instances
pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:20:36 PM »
Its no wonder some owners are in the ridiculous situation of keeping the exhausts in the loft
;) init
 i got two sets of cb750 exhausts in the loft now if they sell for that sort of money im gonna have to cash them in lol
i got a set of hm300 and set of no number pipes and dont really know or care which pipes are correct for the k0 model but on the bikes they will go when the time comes,unless i sell them first  ;)
     on the subject of twins ,a guy not to far from me said he sold a restored cb250 k0 for £4700 but i think he was telling pork pies ,i was offered the very same bike for £1200 although it was unrestored then but still in original condition i have known that bike to have spent the last forty years in a local bike shop can a learner legal bike then, be worth the effort now  ::)

The CB250K0 properly restored  is a rare animal now Steff  (more so even than the much loved CD175A 'sloper') and I think they would probably go for  £4k+ as they never come up for sale in decent nick. They were all ridden into the ground in the 70's  I am really enjoying restoring mine and my 350K1 plus I am building the '68/69 JDM replica from a UK K0. I just got the correct combined speedo/tach NOS and a really nice tank (its like CB72 with chromed sides) plus fenders ...all won within a week on my behalf by my new buddy in Japan. What a find he has been, as I never dreamed I could ever locate those parts.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!  has anyone got any spare engine parts to flog me !!

So you reckon the £25k CB750K0 went for that money then  Graham? Incredible.

Ash
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:28:03 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 10:40:21 PM »
 ;)  i must be a tight wad ash i just dont see any bike worth the asking price lol
i agree the cb250ss are rare now because we trashed them all i ended up under a land rover with mine and a load of broken bones,  it was my pride and joy when i was 16 until i passed my test lol ,there was at least six of us had k0s k1s and k2s thats not including the k3s and k4s that nobody liked,

The true price of a KO is what someone is prepared to pay. Classic motorcycles sold a blue one last week for 25K.

if it did sell ash ,then it was not sold on ebay and i aint got anybody rushing to buy mine either ??? i think we can expect frank to relist his reserved bikes very soon.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 10:59:00 PM »
'68 CB250K0 = 120 BHP/litre .. not bad for a 60's learner 4-stroke !

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 11:09:18 PM »

Is that at the crank or rear wheel  ;) ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 07:52:04 AM »

Is that at the crank or rear wheel  ;) ;)

Dunno  but my CB250K2 with the 'fat cam' engine and Read-Titan 325cc conversion (Hepolite pistons  :-[ ) went like stink in 1975. Having said that the silky smoothness of my 1st 400/4 was a revelation (as was the 72 500/4 that I bought on behalf of  a mate of mine).

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 09:34:32 AM »
Ash, what engine parts do you want?  I've got three or four engines.  All K3s though so no nice cams I'm sorry to say.

S

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 10:00:13 AM »
;) wish he came to me first trigg,i could have sold him mine and thrown a red one in for free. now you got thinking im sitting on a gold mine  ;)
Steff and Ash - you are both sitting on gold mines, trust me...you both underestimate the true value of your K0's...

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 10:41:32 AM »
Steff and Ash - you are both sitting on gold mines, trust me...you both underestimate the true value of your K0's...

Don't tell them that James, i was still looking for a cheap UK unit  ::). Have the UK 500K0 unit and wouldn't mine its bigger brother.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 10:45:22 AM »
Too late..just did :-)..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal