Author Topic: re:sidestand  (Read 911 times)

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
re:sidestand
« on: June 05, 2015, 08:20:57 PM »
hi guys just a quick heads up
i had  the side stand on one of my cb750s welded today the bike fell over last week as the welds had failed
there has been a lot said about mainstands failing ,but this is a first for me, bearing in mind these bikes are now anything up to forty five years old, i often used to pivot my bikes around the garage on the side stand,but not anymore. :o

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: re:sidestand
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 08:59:13 PM »
hi guys just a quick heads up
i had  the side stand on one of my cb750s welded today the bike fell over last week as the welds had failed
there has been a lot said about mainstands failing ,but this is a first for me, bearing in mind these bikes are now anything up to forty five years old, i often used to pivot my bikes around the garage on the side stand,but not anymore. :o

Side stands on the 750K have always been a weak point. Cut it in half and insert a solid bar and weld it back together, grind the weld smooth and job done  ;) 

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 10:46:10 PM »
 ;) i think we crossed wires here trigg its the actual weld gave way from the frame,but i see where you are coming from some of my bikes have a more of a lean angle than others ,needs further investigation,i dont want another one to tip over

Offline haynes66

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 12:06:16 PM »
do you have any pics of where it broke? i dont want an expensive machine toppling over. ta.
honda firestorm
silverwing 600 scooter
honda britain project
phil read rep project
YGS1 80cc yamaha
LE Velocette

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal