Author Topic: Front forks and other bits, where to buy?  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Noelia

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Front forks and other bits, where to buy?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »
Hi all, I have been having a look at the chain at wemoto and others, they're too many chains and don't know which one I do need, can anyone give me a hand and tell which chain and wheel sprocket I need please?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 07:54:43 PM »
Not sure what you are looking for ?
1) STD chain ?
2) 0'ring chain ?
3) X'ring chain ?
The front sprocket should be 17 tooth, rear 34 tooth with a 100 link chain at 530. If you are fitting a 0'ring or X'ring, you will need a special tool to fit the link.

Just found this one going cheap >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500-K1-K2-K3-1972-Choho-H-D-Gold-Chain-and-Sprocket-Kit-/261944793037?hash=item3cfd2057cd

Offline totty

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 08:52:08 PM »
I'd stick to a standard chain, you can get clearance issues with the other types which makes it harder to find one that you can be certain will be ok.
If you use Wemoto I'd go for the heavy duty DID, I'm using them on two bikes one of which seems to eat chains and the DID lasts longer than most.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:40 PM »
Did are well worth their cost, I have run o ring ones on my bikes, not had any issues and they do last well, I have heard of others having issues on clearence -  but since I was already running one without issues I shall just carry on, maybe just keeping an eye out for ally swarf on the chain just in case :o
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Noelia

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 12:14:13 PM »
I want to go standard

DID super heavy duty chain non o-ring

The part number for this BC-3012040 and the price is £62.60

And standard rear sprocket by JT is part number BJ-JTR-282x34 This is priced at £18.58.

Would the above be right set up?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »
You need a chain and sprocket kit, as you need a front sprocket and the pitch must match.

Offline Noelia

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »

You need a chain and sprocket kit, as you need a front sprocket and the pitch must match.

Hi trigger that's the set up that wemoto recommended me, to be honest I'm completely lost.

I just want a new chain and sprocket for weekend use and standard as I'm not changing the front sprocket.

Thanks 

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 01:07:32 PM »
Not replacing the front sprocket is a very false economy, unless it is already a brand new one.
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 07:10:52 PM »
+ 1 with Hairy. If you leave the old front sprocket on, it will wear the chain faster (old parts wear out new parts with movement). Better to have a chain and sprocket kit.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »
Another +1 on doing the sprocketts and chain as a set, though I do sometimes run 2 chains to 1 set of sprocketts if the old sprocketts are hardly worn ( genrally if you economise and buy a cheap nasy chain) I wouldn't ecpect to get away with just doing the rear and not the front as the front sprockett turns about 4 times as often as the rear so theoretically will wear out faster.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal