Author Topic: Crankshaft bearing selection bulletins/ADVICE NEEDED  (Read 3809 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Crankshaft bearing selection bulletins/ADVICE NEEDED
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 11:59:02 PM »
Ash, I think you are overstressing mate. Consider the facts

(1) its an old motorcycle no matter how many new bits

(2) You are unlikely to rag the arse off it in any way that comes close to its original owner(s)

(3) Being honest its probably going to be a sunny high day and holiday bike

(4) No matter what you build it with, run it in nicely(but not too carefully) with lots of oil changes and it will outlast either of us!!

Point taken  :-[
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »
All built with green

Offline Chris-freckle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
Hi Ash you have probably sorted this now but here's my bit , use the correct bearings as specified by Honda, why spend a fortune restoring / rebuilding your motor using the wrong bits, also use molybdenum disulfide grease when assembling plain bearings.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 11:19:45 PM »
Hi Ash you have probably sorted this now but here's my bit , use the correct bearings as specified by Honda, why spend a fortune restoring / rebuilding your motor using the wrong bits, also use molybdenum disulfide grease when assembling plain bearings.

Yes cheers  Chris, I have all the right code shells  now. Sadly, the poor guy who accurately  measured my crank journals for me, where I work, passed away on suddenly on Monday. Sounds like you are another pro guy on here with a wealth of knowledge to give us. It's all just a hobby for me.

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Chris-freckle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 07:53:30 PM »
This is a hobby for me also, but I am happy share what knowledge I have from my old Honda days
Chris

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal