Author Topic: Seat covers  (Read 5267 times)

Offline wolfheze

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Seat covers
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:50:35 PM »
Hi. Could do with a replacement seat cover, anyone know if there is a alternative to the ones sold by cool retro bikes in florida if I want one with the chrome finisher moulded into the vinyl?

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Seat covers
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »
a couple of years ago,I got a seat cover from a place in Glouscestershire,

I think it was Dis-cover,

I know Trigger knows them,he may have the

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dis-covers

it had the HONDA logo on the rear,and the chrome strip was an added plastic strip that fitted on after

check my AV pic to see it fitted

try this link from an older thread

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php?topic=6508.20;wap2
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:10:16 PM by Johnwebley »
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline wolfheze

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:10:25 PM »
Thanks for the links but I really do want a cover with the chrome finisher moulded to it. Ones from the states look nice but are over  £200 or  £450 for a complete refurbished seat!

Offline Bodd

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:04:46 AM »
I have had a couple of replacement seat covers from Tight Fit Seats on ebay and they have been a really good fit and match for the original seats.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 08:39:13 AM »
Hi. Could do with a replacement seat cover, anyone know if there is a alternative to the ones sold by cool retro bikes in florida if I want one with the chrome finisher moulded into the vinyl?

For what bike are you requiring a cover for ? There are two types for the CB500 Four

Offline wolfheze

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 06:25:57 PM »
Bike is 550 k2

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 07:03:06 PM »
Bike is 550 k2

550K2 would have to be the states. Never seen anyone in the UK do this seat cover

Offline wolfheze

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 08:38:51 PM »
Oh well. Was worth asking I guess 

Offline Black500

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 01:02:16 AM »
Hi Trigger
which are the two types for the 500\4 please and best place to purchase? thanks, Nigel

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 07:08:43 AM »
The two types are the large square cover for the CB500K0 which is hard to get in the UK. The CB500K1,K2 has the smaller pattern and can be got from Dis-covers or Bobtheseat on ebay. Hope this helps

Offline toucheturtle

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 04:22:46 PM »
Don't go near Cool Retro Bikes, the guy is a idiot and a crook, I had a nightmare with him a couple of years ago. I had to get the Florida police involved, it's all documented on the sohc.net site on Bad Sellers section. I should have researched him more before sending my cover off for restoration, there are plenty of other tales of woe out there regarding him. I have since been contacted by a couple of other victims so he hasn't changed his ways.

He did eventually "restore" a cover for me but it very poor and I've never used it despite it costing a fortune. He doesn't restore or replace the original chrome moulding. He told me after taking my money that it isn't possible to replicate original finish. He grinds off the existing chrome trim (taking chunks out of your seat cover at the same time). He then sticks 3M chrome trim on to the ground back surface. You could by the same trim yourself and probably get a better result though how long it would stay in place is anyones guess.

I don't think you will be able to buy a new replacement seat cover from anyone with the same chrome moulded bottom edge. Morretti used to make good covers with the moulded pleats but I think they were just vinyl sides and bottom edges which you had to fold over and glue and then buy and fit a U shaped piece of chrome trim over the edge.

Offline wolfheze

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 08:59:13 PM »
Thanks for the tip off. May have saved myself some grief.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 08:53:04 AM »
The chrome/plastic seat trim on most of the old Honda's is part of the seat cover. Maybe someone will come up with a replacement trim close to the OEM soon.
Dis-covers and Bob have had warnings from Honda and do not do covers with Honda on them anymore.

I always do my own seats and find them very easy.

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »
Dis-covers and Bob have had warnings from Honda and do not do covers with Honda on them anymore.
If you buy a cover without the logo they are easy enough to apply using a stencil and suitable paint.

Offline wolfheze

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 09:34:24 AM »
Does that mean nobody produces a quality cover with a Honda logo on it and how successful is a chrome strip with a u channel fitted over the edge of the seat pan?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal