Author Topic: BYU765H UK Bike on eBay UK 3 up Reg No. from Dick Emerys Bike  (Read 7205 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Anyone know who got this or what it went for ?

Genuine UK bike .. three up reg. no. from Dick Emery's so probably came from Tippetts of Surbiton  originally (just down the road from the Goods and the Leadbetter's  :D)

One for Trigger I reckon?  Looks like someone traded it in at a local  Honda dealers. Was a prize in CB mag in 1997.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Honda-CB750-1970-/361329720347?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5420edfc1b&nma=true&si=4O9nb%252BznHdrf0FHyeXcE9hLwUPY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:19:26 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: BYU765H UK Bike on eBay UK 3 up Reg No. from Dick Emerys Bike
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 08:08:57 AM »
I just  found my copy of  the magazine this was a prize in so I can see the finish in its original restored state, which was done by Rising Sun Restorations (John Wyatt of CB750 book fame). It's an early, genuine UK,  bike  and paintwork will have been done by the same(superb)  painter I used (Andrew Parnaby), as he operates from the next unit to John in North Yorkshire. The mileage (presumably before resto) is within 1k of mine. There has been lots of speculation on this forum lately  about the true value of early UK bikes lately and a lot of UK bikes 'coming out of the woodwork' being sold. This was sold by a dealer, so whatever it sold for is going to be true gauge of the ACTUAL resale value of one of these early UK models. So does anyone know what it sold for? Suppose I could call the dealer and ask or maybe it's a member or 'lurker here. Talking of 'lurkers', if there are any out there reading this,come and join  us properly and then we have strength in numbers, can share things between ourselves and you can at least view the attached images etc.
BTW the eBay bike had the wrong front mudguard ,not a 'double cut'  .. anyone else spot anything !

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 09:11:18 AM »
Ash, why do you think the Honda Dealer has sold it ?

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »
Ash, why do you think the Honda Dealer has sold it ?

Don't  fully understand the question Graham. If its a  straight one, then because it was a trade in ! but whatever it sold for it's a good benchmark of the value (or more probably due the Wyatt / magazine provenance) of mine when finished.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 09:52:44 AM »
why do you think it was a trade in ? Why do you think it was sold ? I know a lot of Honda dealers that have a collection tucked away ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 09:54:19 AM »
why do you think it was a trade in ? Why do you think it was sold ? I know a lot of Honda dealers that have a collection tucked away ;)
Do you know more than you are letting on Trig .. If so reveal ... unless it's safely tucked up in your stash  ;D

Says in the eBay ad 'taken in part exchange'  ... isn't that a trade in .. granted it doesn't say when!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:56:43 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »
Why don't you phone the Honda Dealer for more info. Just because a dealer says he took it in part ex, that could of been 20 years ago.
Dealers will also punt a bike like this as it is good advertising for them  ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:53:10 AM »
Why don't you phone the Honda Dealer for more info. Just because a dealer says he took it in part ex, that could of been 20 years ago.
Dealers will also punt a bike like this as it is good advertising for them  ;)

That's what I was going to do Graham. Just asking on here in case anybody knows / bought it. I only have the issue of CB where it was offered as a prize but there must be a later one showing the winner or at least a follow up if the winner insisted on  anonymity.

Ash

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »
The red one that was on ebay sold but, for a little less than 12K  ;D

Offline csd4t

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
There is no F in cod

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 07:34:48 PM »
Frank has it on SOR, that will upset Ash ;D ;D ;D

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 08:01:47 PM »
 ;) for the princely sum of 20k i bet even dick emery is laughing
i cant see ash affording that trigg
now that he is bogged down with his 250 lol

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 10:40:37 PM »
I cant believe how many parts are not correct for the year, makes me wonder why people go to such effort to get restorations correct when you can take the cheap option and put any cheap incorrect parts and charge top money like this one,
still it looks nice and shiney so it must be worth it ha ha
pete

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 09:59:02 PM »
Never had Wyatt down as a top restorer ;D ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 02:00:08 AM »
;) for the princely sum of 20k i bet even dick emery is laughing
i cant see ash affording that trigg
now that he is bogged down with his 250 lol

Not Dick Emery's bike Steff his was BYU762H but I suspect they both came from Tippets of Surbiton.

Yea the 250's are a money pit too but love the 68/69K0 version

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal