Author Topic: CB750K7 Electrics  (Read 1051 times)

Offline ginger_jim

• SOHC Member
  • Anyone for a Guinness?
    • View Profile
CB750K7 Electrics
« on: May 06, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »
Hi all, does anyone know of an electrics guru in the south west, ideally Devon area?  I need some help with my loom and would be happy to pay.  I have connected the majority of the loom which is a replacement sourced from a european model.  What is stopping me in my tracks is the 'spaghetti' inside the headlamp left when the main connectors are done, relays etc. 

Cheers

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CB750K7 Electrics
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 04:10:02 PM »
I'm in Gloucester mat about 2 miles from junction 12 m5

Offline ginger_jim

• SOHC Member
  • Anyone for a Guinness?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »
Bryan - I think you may have given me your email address last year but mine is jamiedbarker@gmail.com.  Send me a mail and ill reply with some more details.

cheers

Greebo

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 11:05:28 AM »
hi guys

I have a question, should i be able to start my CB750K6 when in gear by dipping the clutch... at the moment it will only start if its in neutral & the neutral light is on..,. :o

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 11:40:16 AM »
Yes, but if anything in the "Safety circuit" is faulty or disconnected, then it won't. A lot of people disconnect or bypass it as it can be a pain if messing about. On the left hand switchgear, you should find a small plunger switch on the clutch lever bracket, and when you plull the clutch in the plunger should move out to make a connection. Often the plunger sticks or siezes, so follow the wires from it into the headlight shell, and bridge the wires temporarily, if it works now, the switch is the problem, buy a new one, they are sealed and can't be repaired, not expensive (it is actually the same as the front brake light switch on drum braked Hondas). If that doesn't sort it, you need to check the plug in diode which is in the side panel electric frame near rectifier, regulator and fuses. All the above is assuming it's a stock Honda loom, not some home made thing for a chop etc.
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal