Author Topic: newbie  (Read 805 times)

Offline fishermanferg

• View Profile
« on: July 06, 2015, 11:11:22 AM »
hi my names is Fergus I live in Falkirk Scotland I ride a Honda cm400tc European model  wee bit different but not much from the American one although seemingly much rarer in the uk according to david silver I am 67 years old I passed my test in 1967 on a bsa c15 I did not learn to drive a car till I was fifty I have had numerous bikes since 1967 although I don't go out as much now I still like to get out on it now and again now I have a query for the technically minded I may need a ignition switch I saw a few after market ones on ebay the five wire kind and I know a lot of these parts are interchangeable with cb 400 superdream etc some of the shops I wrote to said that their switches wouldn't work as the European model had slightly different electrics would this be right or can anybody advise where I can get one if needed I seem to be blowing fuses would a loose ignition barrel cauase this I have since tightened it up and the ignition lights have come back on the ones I looked at all have 5 wires help

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:28 AM »
welcome to the fun bunch,

its a great place for help and advice,

lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal