Author Topic: Saving Mrs. Honda...need help for parts!  (Read 2162 times)

Offline mihai.i

• View Profile
Saving Mrs. Honda...need help for parts!
« on: July 22, 2015, 08:07:04 AM »
Hi guys!

Last year i`ve found a Honda CB550 1976, i think F model, that is in really bad condition, i mean:
- just half of the engine
- no carbs
- wrong front fork
- rust
- and others...a real nightmare!!!

Now the good thing:
- i paid only 80 dollars
- she has a clean title..evrything is ok regarding the papaerwork..now that is something !

Initialy i planned to use it likje a spare parts for my other Cb550, but i think that this bike deserves a second chance to life..so i want to repair it! Not rebuild as original..just to make it work again, maybe as an custom project for this winter...

So, i need your help in order the find the parts i need:
- complet engine!
- set of carbs
- and others...

The big problem is that i am from Romania and is hard to ship cheap. But i have many friends that are working in UK, Spain, Italy, Germany and other countrys that could help me with the shiping.

All i need is to find these parts and a trusty seller!

this is the pacient...
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Honda Cb550k 1978

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Mrs. Honda...need help for parts!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 04:21:42 PM »
Thats not a 550, or at least a lot of the visible parts are not

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 06:24:48 PM »
Good luck, you will need it, I geuss it is the bike closest to the camera? What shape are the remains of the engine in? It might be far cheaper to fix if you can use what you have - and buy a camshaft etc, but if it is full of rust you may need a whole new engine which is likely to be better off being palleted to you with a big job lot of parts if you can get them all gathred together with one seller or something.  That bike could cost a lot to restore but a bit less if just getting it going. Still not likely to be cheap.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline mihai.i

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 07:15:47 AM »
Good luck, you will need it, I geuss it is the bike closest to the camera? What shape are the remains of the engine in? It might be far cheaper to fix if you can use what you have - and buy a camshaft etc, but if it is full of rust you may need a whole new engine which is likely to be better off being palleted to you with a big job lot of parts if you can get them all gathred together with one seller or something.  That bike could cost a lot to restore but a bit less if just getting it going. Still not likely to be cheap.
Yes..is the one closest to the camera. The other is a cb650 that come it the cb..i took it for wheels, tank and others parts.

The engine is just half of it and is stuck...rust, water etc..the worst situation!

Now i am looking for a cb550 without title or any papaers in order to make a bike from two...i found some CBs 550 in Poland.

Thats not a 550, or at least a lot of the visible parts are not
The frame and engine serial nr. are from a Cb550..front fork not.

Honda Cb550k 1978

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 09:50:03 PM »
Sounds like your best bet is to buy closer to home at least for the big lumps like engine bits, Poland is a lot closer to you than most of us are, though I do have family in Warsaw and one of my relatives from over there does visit me occasionally and works down in Surrey England so he might be able to help move the odd bit of bike as far as Warsaw if you get stuck for something, of course that is only if he has room in his boot, I know he is currently already planning on taking his cb100 back to Warsaw next trip.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal