Author Topic: Calling Ash - can you make my wife happy again...  (Read 7886 times)

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Calling Ash - can you make my wife happy again...
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 09:02:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 10:02:12 PM »
Check the HV diode.  Steer clear of a charged HV capacitor if you want to live.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 02:01:23 AM »
Julie, you are of course right. No lunch (funnily enough), by 3pm that day my tummy was rumbling big-time & Mrs Lobo is now the proud owner of an even fancier combo thingy.

She's cunning.... must  be something to do with nurses methinks...

Regardless, it's a challenge. Thanks Mike, Ash for the helps so far.

Lobo (& putting on weight once more)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 06:35:53 AM »
Bloomin 'eck... Glad I was out at a party last night  ...I don't get involved in domestics. I've got enough here to cope with. I will look into it it Lobo & PM but  perhaps you should get another part time job with "Old Mac Donald" and save up for a new one ... ;D +1 on the diode best to check it's not short circuit and test out as in one of videos below. I probably have a suitable one. may be a capicitor on the inverter or muck/grease on one of the components,causing it to arc over.

An old neighbour and dear friend of mine who's sadly no longer with us once told me his washing machine was broken and could I fix it, which I did, then he got me to fix his TV  ... then instead of  getting great praise,  his wife came back from holiday and gave me a b*llocking because she was expecting to buy new ones.

BTW visited a guy last week who's got a massive stash of old Jap NOS parts and he had a few Fizzy parts.

Ash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBJJU4ZRh7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1tdj3OnlXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FETHzbPfrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFkNTzQVxOc

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_micfaq3.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:57:43 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 08:26:57 AM »
Ah... thanks Ash... a bit of Sunday night viewing for me then.

Generally nothing allowed to die in this family, years ago my old mum wanted a modern plastic kettle like her mates had, and so accidentally dropped the old Morphy Richards lumpy metal one, breaking its spout off. She went out to Comet etc 'looking'.... by the time she'd come home to report dad had proudly soldered the detached bit back on...

Seem to remember she still won the day though... tis no use fighting such things.

My Fizzy all but home & dry on parts - just bought an OEM toolkit from the states - won't say how much other than eye-watering. I normally wouldn't bother due duties, postage etc, but have a mate on hol there who'll bring it back to me in Brunei.... and finally UK.  Frankly it's daft buying such stuff when you can have the same modern day thing (without the YAMAHA markings) - but hey, you of all folk understand the problem!

Nonetheless, if your mate want to let go of things, please pass on my email which I'll pm to you.

Cheers,
Simon
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:33:26 AM by Lobo »

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 09:07:29 AM »
He's not really a mate Simon, he's the seller I bought a NOS  750K0UK rear guard for a staggering 254 quid 'cos I ended up in a bidding war. He's got loads of NOS parts but most of the stuff I need is long gone but there again he's got sheds and a house of the deceased ex-owner of the parts to sell on behalf of his widow, which includes 3 new frames etc and a CR93 race bike. If you can persuade him it's not eBay fodder then he will sell parts for 20% of the CMSNL last listed price. Reckons he's had our old mate Mr. Silver knocking at his door. I will email his details.

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 09:29:55 AM »
Speaking of fixing TVs,  I used to be a telly fixer.  I once had a Ferguson 9000 colour TV.  Anyway, in a skip up the road,  there was a TV just like mine.  I took it home and removed all the pcbs for spares (which came in handy later) and, to make it safe, I broke the neck of the crt to release the vacuum.
As I was putting it back on the skip and old geezer asked me what was wrong with it.
I told him it had just stopped working so he pulled it off the skip and said he finds tellies on skips and takes them to the repair shop to get them fixed and then sells them.
I smiled and wished him good luck. 

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 10:25:10 AM »
Ash 254 for a UK rear guard is a bargain, you have to add at least another 100 to that to get the sandcast /k0 two hole guard
pete

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 03:20:57 PM »
Mike, Ash,

One of the HV Diodes giving duff readings.... have ordered a replacement. ($4.99)

If this works it'll be a bittersweet victory as bought the new micro yesterday @ £550 or so. I'll have to find a corner & sob very loudly...

Fingers crossed,
Simon.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 03:54:22 PM »
£550 for a micowave???? Did the salesman wear a tricorn hat, and a couple of flintlock pistols, and go by the name of Dick Turpin???? You were robbed!
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 04:22:23 PM »
£550 for a micowave???? Did the salesman wear a tricorn hat, and a couple of flintlock pistols, and go by the name of Dick Turpin???? You were robbed!

My built-in Neff one (now duff) cost a fortune new but in the long run it was worth it as it was far superior to the Panasonic one I replaced it with. should have bought the same again. 

BTW I used the mains transformer out of my original Panasonic 'Genius' one from 1983 to make a spot welder about a month ago !

Sounds like you will be having porridge for breakfast, dinner & tea now for the next month. Ah well 'Another Tank  of Gas and back on the Road again'  ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 04:25:15 PM »
Speaking of fixing TVs,  I used to be a telly fixer.  I once had a Ferguson 9000 colour TV.  Anyway, in a skip up the road,  there was a TV just like mine.  I took it home and removed all the pcbs for spares (which came in handy later) and, to make it safe, I broke the neck of the crt to release the vacuum.
As I was putting it back on the skip and old geezer asked me what was wrong with it.
I told him it had just stopped working so he pulled it off the skip and said he finds tellies on skips and takes them to the repair shop to get them fixed and then sells them.
I smiled and wished him good luck.

Remember the Philips G6 with a valve multiplier EHT that produced X-rays ... Fri**in' scary or what?

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
Just looked on Google as the Phillips G6 sounded familiar we had a couple of those that might explain a few things. ;)

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »
In the good old days before H and S.

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 09:50:36 AM »
Hairygit.... don't rub salt into the wound...!

Many issues... it's not only a bloody micro, but an oven, grill... & now a bloody steam oven to boot. Heaven help me. And then there's this back-of-beyond Brunei... no Argos, Currys, Comet whatever they are now, but rather a tramp around numerous Chinese outlets with the invariable blank stares or "finished lah"

You take what you can get.. and hey, Mrs Lobo happy enough.

(& frankly fingers crossed the $9 diode doesn't bloody fix it - otherwise I'll be needing a suicide watch)

Lobo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal