SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Touch up paint

<< < (2/5) > >>

AshimotoK0:
I still have some of the metallic that I painted my tank with in 1986 but dunno what type of match it would be. However, I have a scrap Antares red tank that I can compare with.
Here is  my tank and pinstripes that I sprayed myself when I was a much younger, thinner  and braver man !

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

AshimotoK0:
This, as my missus warns me, would be suitable fodder for 'Extreme Hoarders'  ;D The 1986 paint I used for the tank and pinstripes. Amazingly the red is still liquid in the tin (cellulose). Sad or what, James was probably not even born then.

Let me know if you want a bit to touch up Dave.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

exvalvesetdabbler:
Thanks for the offer,  I'll have a trawl round the paint suppliers locally and see what turns up.

If you have the recipie for the red paint that may be a start.

PS I thought I was a hoarder, there's three old tanks and a set of front forks in my loft somewhere together with BW TV with valves in it.

Dave

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: exvalvesetdabbler on October 08, 2015, 01:06:30 PM ---Thanks for the offer,  I'll have a trawl round the paint suppliers locally and see what turns up.

If you have the recipie for the red paint that may be a start.

PS I thought I was a hoarder, there's three old tanks and a set of front forks in my loft somewhere together with BW TV with valves in it.

Dave

--- End quote ---

Sorry no paint code on tin ...long gone. It was a BL colour as I remember, possibly Montego (Ault & Wiborg Paints in Essex). ( that's Montego and Allegro mentioned in posts on the same day  ;D)

You could try the metallic  red the same as Ronnie Pickering's Citroen Picasso   :D

Do you remember Philips G6 CTV with valve EHT that produced X-rays?

Ash

exvalvesetdabbler:
After mainly working on BW sets, those early color TV's scared the hell out of me with all of the warning messages on the covers and the additional EHT voltage.

Removing the first anode connector on the CRT for replacement always resulted in sweaty hands gripping the discharge probe.

All the Best
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version