Author Topic: Paint work in West Sussex needed!  (Read 11238 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Paint work in West Sussex needed!
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 08:36:04 AM »
Loving your work Menno and your commitment to a perfect job. It's great when people like yourself join us on here, so keep contributing and I am sure it will only add to your business. I hear only good reports from JamesH  and Noelia on here, about your work.

My only concern is the cost of  shipping both ways to Germany. Can you give us an typical estimate of the both way shipping please ?

I was told by the painter in the UK, who did my Candy Ruby Red CB750K0 paint set that the stripes were painted in 'Sunny Gold' metallic  .. I think this was also used on the side panel badges and I am looking for a source of this, in say touch up form, as I had my side badges rechromed and need to paint them.

I am still prepping my pair of  two-tone 1969  CB250K0  tank set's so that you can quote for me soon.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 09:55:18 AM »
Unfortunately I can only tell you the price it would be to ship a tank and sidepanels to the UK. I don't know how much it costs to ship it to Germany from the UK.

Shipping to the UK From Germany is 23 euro. (17 Pond sterling)

Offline Noelia

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 11:16:03 AM »
With my Hermes I think is quite cheap! Check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 12:03:35 PM »
Menno, we have a paint company in the UK witch do very good paint match >>http://www.rsbikepaint.com/en-gb/colours.php
The problem we have in the UK is a painter wants to blast a tank first and he/she does not put in the time and care to get it right.

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »
NOELIA......what did it cost you to ship your tank and sidepanels to Menno.....and what were his shipping charges back to you?

That should give other Forum Members a rough idea.

MENNO......if you are prepared to offer a discount to Forum Members.....and this helps to offset the P & P charges, I could see you picking up lots of work from here as the quality of your paintwork is obviously appealing.

Most of us are not looking for a speedy turnaround, but are more concerned that the preparation is first class and the finished parts are as good as the hard work and time we put in on the rest of the bike. As a Painter, it would be ideal if you have a number of jobs on the go so your 'downtime' is reduced.

Like Ash.....I agree that its great for Suppliers like yourself to involve themselves on the Forum so welcome and thanks for your input.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »
@ Trigger: I took a look. Prices seem ok. Of course I don't have experience with them so I cannot say a lot about the quality of the paint and how well you can work with it.

@ MCTID: Most of my customers pay me more than I ask since it is very common in lots of countries to express ones appreciation of the quality of work I deliver by tipping.
I would be very happy helping people out on this forum with spraypainting tanks and sidepanels. But be aware spraypainting these tanks in original state with candy and lining correct is a craft, a trade. What helps is I do this a lot. It is not uncommon that clients have their tanks painted by a proffesional spraypainter end up with me. And I get to repair/finish it.
But most important; not everyone wants the same. So please contact me and we'll talk it through.

@Oddjob:

Something like this?:

If you want your tank in Starlight gold painted to match the NOS sidepanels I would have to warn you that there is always a chance of not 100% matching colour.
Either accept that or have the tank and sidepanels repainted to avoid colour deviations. (use for instance other sidepanels and store the NOS ones)

Offline Noelia

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
The delivery to Menno was approx. 20£ there plus back! So about 40£ i would say. Seeing the work on my set it worth to do it again and again, plus the attention that Menno gave me is 10/10. I've checked a couple of places to paint my tank here in the UK and the price including delivery was about the same but I didn't know anything about those painters and they seemed to be not very interested in doing it, not giving me enough info or not giving me a lead time either. Menno by far gave me the best attention the work he did is top quality. I'm a very happy customer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »
I can echo Noelia's comments. I probably should have asked Menno for a commission structure as I've recommended him to Noelia and a few other members / non-members and everyone is very very happy with his work. Basically it's the old adage of you pay for what you get but Menno goes that extra mile and is a true professional.

Here's my 550 tank that Menno did a while ago now:

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 08:32:50 AM »
You went for green this time James, any pictures of a brown paint job ;)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 03:33:11 PM »
Don't tempt me Graham....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal