Author Topic: Handlebar grips  (Read 1316 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Handlebar grips
« on: December 02, 2015, 08:38:07 PM »
Hello all, I have a problem that,s driving me mad.
CB750K1 with genuine Honda grips and brand new David Silver replica handlebars(UK flat type)
As you know the switchgear has a locating peg hole in the bar but when the new grip is installed there is an approximately 15mm gap between grip and switch body which looks awful.Am i missing something here?? The bike is a genuine UK model.
Any ideas folks?
Regards Dave

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Handlebar grips
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 08:42:09 PM »
You could always chop half inch off the ends of your handlebars
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 10:55:29 PM »
That's what I had to do - I think there's a post highlighting that the Dave Silver bars are not quite right and need modifying
Phil
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 12:42:33 AM »
Hi Dave,

My K2 has these DSS replica bars - not happy. The locating holes are radially in the wrong spot & so to be able to use the mirrors the bars are canted at slightly odd angle...

Your 15mm gap... LHS? It's been suggested here this gap is to accommodate the (UK only) lights master switch - that crappy up/ down slider / external wiring jobby. It was required in an effort to stop you inadvertly going from HI beam all the way to OFF; I guess the logic was sound enough.

If your gap is both sides, like me, you've ended up with less-than-perfect bars. Never seen OEM for sale, nor indeed good 2nd hand ones, I trawl eBay all the time. My gap was less, but still too much. I had to (slightly) stretch / coax the grips all the way along.

Anyone out there know a GOOD copy supplier let me (us) know pls.

Simon

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 04:53:55 PM »
Hi all, yes Simon the gap is only on the left side. I am going to fit one of those switches and even if i dont connect the wires it will look a darn sight neater.
Thanks for the advice mate,much appreciated..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal