Author Topic: Am i Being pikky!!!!  (Read 5687 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Am i Being pikky!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 09:37:41 PM »
Man you lot are a load of anoraky, picky, obsessive buggers . b*llocks to originality, that's what I say. I just love that modern day patina of sprayed over gaskets. Can't for the life of me understand why Honda didn't do that back in the day or use silver coloured gaskets. Those Mickey Mouse metal JIS screws .. Blah .. overpriced cobblers give me some nice cheapo allen screws that you can give so much welly that they shear of the ally threads.. bloomin' marvelous.

Nobody picked up on that immaculate period rack on the back Got to  add grand to it's value in anyone's book.

You are just picking on us poor old Yorkshireman again . My advice ...Get  down theer reet sharpish lad and bag theesen a bargain . Well I think that's how they talk in Sheffield LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Them were funny tasting mushrooms you put in the casserole tonight dear ... makin me feel all woozy and queer. Which slow cooker did you use ????
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 10:29:16 PM »
Love it!!!

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 09:11:49 AM »
OH NO !!! Not the Rubber cooker again ;D ;D ;D
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »
Had a real close look at the engine. That baby has not been apart except for the side castings, rocker box, and sump.

Its just a quick lash up to make lots of dosh.

And what usual Honda oil leak is he referring to, must mean one of his rebuilds.

I would stay well away from this at the price. That said, the cycle parts don't look to be done too badly.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:13:38 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »
I love Avon SM tyres and you can push them very hard indeed if you know what you are doing.  I think they do become a problem if they get old and hardened but in regular use they are great and wear very evenly.  My tyre man, who is also a motorcyclist, recommended them and I've had three in a row in the last couple of years and been very impressed.

With regard to the eleven and a half thousand pound motorcycle, all I can say is you might get better value buying something else, it looks shoddy and overpriced.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »
I didn't mean to start a tyre debate on the side, FWIW I always found SM's a bit too 'square' at the back, OK bolt upright but not confidence inspiring when cranked over. I had a couple of bikes with Avon GP's though, which I did like, a nice rounded profile like the modern Avons I have today. That said, my first CB750 had worn TT100's which had gone a bit more square that triangular at the back and felt awful when you leaned over. I've had a few tyres like that in my time, you learn to put up with it until you can afford a new one.

I have a proper Dunlop Racing 'triangular' in my garage from when I was classic racing, I must take a photo to show you the alarming profile, none of your namby pamby 'just leaning it a little' with those - the options were 'bolt upright' or 'grinding the exhaust pipes'.  :o

Anyway here's another £10k CB750 to pick at, notice it says '1970' and not 'K0' - it has K0 panels and badges, but K1 caliper and airbox - my bet is that it has a K1 VIN number too. And 2 grab rails. Lovely colour, but then I would say that.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C646135

I don't know what others think about crash bars, as well as less ground clearance, I remember my mate crashing a Triumph T140V (I had one myself that I jumped off a few times, the footrest always took the hit rather than the engine) fitted with crashbars - while they saved the bodywork and engine, they bent the frame and wrote it off!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:26:05 PM by MrDavo »
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

jimv50

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 05:30:59 PM »
should be JIS (Firrips) crosshead screws,

Took  me a while to get the joke

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 06:44:19 PM »
Took  me a while to get the joke
Hope it was worth it when you did ....

jimv50

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 11:34:15 AM »
I told my brother this one years ago,
What do you call a girl who can balance a pint on her head?    Beatrix

He didn't get it......until weeks later in the middle of a lecture at Uni, he burst out laughing and was asked to leave the hall

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 02:23:28 PM »
Another "bacon rind".

How do you cal that dealer's tyre grease? We call it "puma spit"
cheers, Uli

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal