Author Topic: CB400F Carb tubes  (Read 1458 times)

Offline beemsquar

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
CB400F Carb tubes
« on: December 12, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »
Hello,

Can anyone specify the lengths of the 4 drain tubes that come out of the bottom of  each of the carbs and weather they are all the same length?
I also need the lengths of the 2 breather tubes that come out of the top of the carbs and the fuel tubing length from the tank to the carbs please? My original carb tubes were hacked up so I have nothing to compare them too.

Im about to cut mine, but want to make sure they are right first time. I've looked at the parts manual but I can't find anything about the lengths.

Hopefully going to get it started for the first time this weekend!!!!

Any help appreciated.

Offline Dave487

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: CB400F Carb tubes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 04:57:30 PM »
Hi,
I removed mine when I took the engine out and put them on the rack to be replaced later and measurements are as follows.

2 Drains are 460mm and 2 are 400mm. but the book shows same part No for all so I assume they would all be the same length originally.

2 breathers are 575mm

Fuel pipe from tank 250mm

Hope this helps

Dave.

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 06:49:04 PM »
2 Drains are 460mm and 2 are 400mm. but the book shows same part No for all so I assume they would all be the same length originally.
Pretty sure when I replaced mine that the outer tubes were longer than the inners.
Makes sense so they all end up at about the same height where they exit behind the crankcase.
Haven't had a chance to measure them, they are a bit inaccessible when in situ.

Offline beemsquar

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 03:14:21 PM »
Cheers guys, I cut them at the given measurements and they fitted fine.

Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal