Author Topic: Wow ! 378 Miles  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
Re: Wow ! 378 Miles
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 10:14:13 PM »
Certainly those indicators are rotated upwards and I have yet to measure mine, but the chromed stalks look too long.  I think the only thing which might be right is the mileage that the speedo has travelled is possibly correct, but not necessarily on that bike!
Ian

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 07:26:14 AM »
Look at picture 3 the speedo cable goes right and the brake hose goes left (from the front). Wrong way round again.

The mudguard is definitely the wrong way round as the hole for the speedo cable guide is missing.

They are the correct indicator stalks though, people fit shorter ones to stop the headlamp ears getting bent (common problem).

The helmet holder sticker is missing on the right side panel.

Probably an F1 as the earlier bikes don't have a VIN plate, but that said the plate looks like the same replica one that I used?

Another possible scenario. It's a USA import (plastic headlamp shell). They could have removed the front end to crate it for shipping, them the numpty mechanic re-assembled it wrongly over here.

Getting to be a very dodgy bike this, at 10K I would walk away. Think I may send him an email and ask whats going on. He can only tell me to sod off. ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:24:10 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 09:17:27 AM »
Just had an email from my mate in Birmingham. He's been looking at the bike as well, and he has emailed the seller this morning. This is the reply:

Hi.The Bike was stored in a crate with the front fork section removed for ease of transport / storage. When it was acquired by us our technicians re-assembled the front section and they fitted the forks the wrong way round (very good on cars, bikes not their thing). The regional VJMC judging expert very kindly pointed this out to us much to our embarrassment. I have read some of the comments from some of the members on the forum and I can tell you that some people talk absolute nonsense. The only non original parts are the tyres, battery, float needle and seats and mirrors (we have the original left hand mirror which it came with). This bike is very, very authentic and would invite anyone to view and tell us otherwise. Thank you for your interest.Andrew.

That would explain the front end then. Mystery solved I suppose.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:20:16 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 10:06:02 AM »
And therein lies the problem.

Enthusiasts' forum vs business.

I can't say that it hasn't happened before...

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 10:27:50 AM »
Great fun.

cheers, Uli

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »
Well if that is true..I feel a bit of pity for them ...
Anyone seriously considering the bike will surely spend a bit of time on the net and more than likely end up here. .only to be hit with a bit of doubt. Or worse still buy it then do some research and most probably will be reading this in a few months/years time with an ever increasing knot of nausea in their stomachs  (really sorry about that if that's you) .....I suspect we've all been there?
on the other hand if it is a ringer then serves them right

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal