Author Topic: Honda SOHC engine rebuild  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Rob.b (Rob Birkett - RIP)

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Honda SOHC engine rebuild
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 10:47:58 AM »
Hi Mike & Paul, Thanks for the encouragement, but I am still very reluctant to open the motor as I don't really know what I am doing and wouldn't know how to recognise problems if I was looking at them.  For example when Trigger advised that new rings and a cross hatch might sort it I had to google 'Cross Hatch' to find out what it meant.

When I changed the valve guides that was under the very close supervision of my brother, and it didn't solve the oil burning issue anyway.

I have owned the Honda for the past 33 Years, for much of that time it has been my second bike while I had a string of more modern bikes which were my regular rides.  The Honda has been off the road, but maintained for ten years (or more). Last August I sold my MT01 having decided to get out of biking while I was ahead.  I couldn't sleep the night the MT01 went as is was the first time in 46 years that I didn't have a bike, (big mistake I thought) then I realised that in fact i did have a bike - The Honda.  I got up at 6 am and the bike was running by 10, insured by 11, and MOT'd by 12.

Anyway the long and short of it I want to get the Honda working well and reliable, and I have little in the way of mechanical aptitude, I've read every CB500/550 related post on this forum and think I know who I am going to ask to book it in for a refresh.

Many thanks Keep it coming

Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal