Author Topic: Turnsignal reminder/beeper  (Read 1973 times)

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Turnsignal reminder/beeper
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »
And those eejits that indicate to pull out for a parked car, even if there's no other vehicles on the road.   It just shows a complete lack of awareness
Hmm, got to disagree on that one, as a bus/coach driver for almost 30 years, we signal any change of road position, as other vehicles cannot see past a 40foot long bus/coach, and often will do anything, regardless of how dangerous, to overtake it. So us signalling lets people who are crazy enough to try that we are moving out in the road, and past whatever obstruction there is ahead. Old habits die hard, I find myself by instinct doing the same in a car, or even on a bike, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of other professional drivers doing the same. Why you find it an issue, I don't know, but I figure it's a good idea to let others know when you intend to shift road position ;D ;D ;D
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »
I'm not talking about PCVs or HGVs but your average numpty car driver.  Indicating when there's bugger all about to see it means that they don't ever use their mirrors but indicate automatically.  The last time we had snow round here, there were cars with snow on the back window and their mirrors.   Says it all really.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Online ST1100

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 08:42:40 AM »
A pet hate of mine is the TWA*S who leave their indicators on or their foot on the brake (on Automatic cars) at night while sitting at the traffic lights....
Since LEDs came fashionable, the annoying dazzle isn't limited to SUVs or auto-trannies at all...

And those eejits that indicate to pull out for a parked car, even if there's no other vehicles on the road.
Well, there is the concept of TUG (take, use & give information), but I agree on massive increasing degree of ignorance...
STOC #637
'00 ST1100Y, '04 ST1100R, '07 NT700VA, CB500K2, CB500K1...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal