Author Topic: You cannot be serious!!  (Read 3510 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: You cannot be serious!!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 08:40:17 AM »
You know that's typical of DK's, its marked up on rear as a CB500f. It's no wonder they keep sending me wrong items, to the point I've virtually stopped using them now.

It can work out for you when they send the wrong or rubbish items as they tell you to chuck them and send you the correct one or a full refund.. no quibbles. So far I have had a set of CB350K Carbs, 500K0 seat base, CB350 camshaft,  CB350 battery box etc. All for free because of their mistakes. Their pricing is all over the place.  Like £50 for really good set of  750 barrels and pistons all nicely marked up and an almost pristine 500/4 front wheel for £50 but then they will charge silly money for a small item or rubbish part (like that seat in this post  and the one I bought that had an old mouse nest in the foam.

Best thing with DK is take a day off, don't go on some sh*tty little day out to some stately home blah blah... Have a day out at DK .. it's a really great experience and trust me the guys there are really nice to deal with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBeEhWxAA1o

Oh and this for newbies who have not seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxOtpX4XRFg
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:46:26 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline stevush

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: You cannot be serious!!
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 08:56:44 AM »
I can reinforce Ash's suggestion that a visit to DK's 'Emporium' is a good investment of your time. I visited last year (when I was on a house hunting mission oop north) and was amazed at the amount and diversity of stuff they have.

As far as their prices go......they sell and break so many bikes/ parts that they must have a good idea what the market will stand based on recent performance and exclusivity/ commonality/ availability and whilst buyers have E Bay and Couriers at their fingertips, prices will inevitably creep upwards through the auction process. That's Life I'm afraid.

If your Family (i.e, SWMBO) are dead set against a visit to DK....suggest that they go to Alton towers or Trentham gardens whilst you 'pop' over to DK's for 'an hour - or two'. Sorted.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal