Author Topic: CB750K2 tank and side panel swap?  (Read 3118 times)

Offline md avery

• View Profile
CB750K2 tank and side panel swap?
« on: February 11, 2016, 06:19:43 PM »
Hi all I have a 72 CB750 K2 in Planet Blue with matching side panels.paintwork is immaculate and in unmarked condition.I have owned this bike for some 15 years or so but fancy a change of colour to Candy Ruby Red.Is there anybody who might want to swap their Candy Ruby Red tank and side panels for my Planet blue ones? It seems rather daft to paint over a perfectly good tank and panels if there might be someone who wants to swop the other way.Tank is perfect as are side panel with all lugs etc
etc.Photographs etc can be emailed if interested.Thanks for reading.

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
Re: CB750K2 tank and side panel swap?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:06:31 PM »
If they are really mint condition it is hard to match I guess. Most tanks have had some history in 40+ years.
Maybe I can swap your set for a new painted set. Red is however much easier to sell than Planet blue...

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 05:06:40 AM »
Been looking for a good set of Planet blue for some time now but, don't have the Red to swap :'(
If you are looking to sell? please PM me.

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »
Well maybe I can paint your set in red, than you can still swap....

Offline md avery

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 06:28:59 PM »
Menno, thanks for your reply (and to Trigger) From reading other postings I gather you are a coach painter(tanks etc) .What have you got in mind ? Where are you located ?Any photographs of completed work? I will of course send you pictures of the planet blue tank and panels which were painted by F.D Motorcycles in Dunmow,Essex.(check his web site)Wait to here from you !  Malcolm Avery

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »
Menno, thanks for your reply (and to Trigger) From reading other postings I gather you are a coach painter(tanks etc) .What have you got in mind ? Where are you located ?Any photographs of completed work? I will of course send you pictures of the planet blue tank and panels which were painted by F.D Motorcycles in Dunmow,Essex.(check his web site)Wait to here from you !  Malcolm Avery

You never heard of the great Menno, you will have to cross the channel  ;)

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 11:10:29 PM »
His web site is here: http://www.tankspraypainting.eu/

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 12:18:00 AM »
Hi, I was just looking to see if I could help out.

So the planet blue set is not an original paint but a repaint?

Offline md avery

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 05:53:02 PM »
Hi Menno,Yes it is a repaint but is unmarked.I just fancy a change of colour to Candy Ruby Red.It seems stupid to paint over a perfectly good tank and side panels if there is a chance that somebody wants a blue set !

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 09:19:41 PM »
Ah, ok. Well I just sold my last 750 tank this evening. Nowadays everything sells so fast I cannot keep up finding them.

So I can do this: or I could paint over your nice blue set. Or maybe you could find another set which needs to be painted anyway and sell your blue one.
Or maybe Trigger has a set which can be painted in red. I can paint that for him and you can swap.

Or...

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 09:32:16 PM »
Ah, ok. Well I just sold my last 750 tank this evening. Nowadays everything sells so fast I cannot keep up finding them.

So I can do this: or I could paint over your nice blue set. Or maybe you could find another set which needs to be painted anyway and sell your blue one.
Or maybe Trigger has a set which can be painted in red. I can paint that for him and you can swap.

Or...

Why would I do that when I can send you a gold set to be painted in blue ;)

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 09:05:11 AM »
Hi all I have a 72 CB750 K2 in Planet Blue with matching side panels.paintwork is immaculate and in unmarked condition.I have owned this bike for some 15 years or so but fancy a change of colour to Candy Ruby Red.Is there anybody who might want to swap their Candy Ruby Red tank and side panels for my Planet blue ones? It seems rather daft to paint over a perfectly good tank and panels if there might be someone who wants to swop the other way.Tank is perfect as are side panel with all lugs etc
etc.Photographs etc can be emailed if interested.Thanks for reading.

I would go for a second paint set.

Tank
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/honda-cb-750-four-k0-k6-tank/416882471-305-8980

Sidepanel right
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/honda-cb-750-four-seitendeckel-rechts-3x-vorhanden/408859260-305-2435

Sidepanel left
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/honda-cb-750-four-k2-seitendeckel-links/405838017-305-8980

+ Menno to have them painted.

cheers, Uli

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 03:58:36 PM »
I like this one better:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/honda-cb-750-four-k2-k6-tank/424488555-306-8980

And, tankswapping business is clearly not a very easy business.

Maybe I should indeed stick to painting. ???

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal