Author Topic: Blueyonder Motorcycle Tours - Normandy Tour 2016  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Blueyonder Motorcycle Tours - Normandy Tour 2016
« on: February 10, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »
Hi all,

Plugging a friend of mine who does motorcycle tours on the side when not working 9-5 @NHS.

He does a few tours each year, and the next one is going to Normandy May 2016. See details below. Easy going, relaxed, would certainly recommend.

May 26th - 29th.

A brilliant 3 day tour through Normandy taking in the D-Day beaches and some fabulous roads. If you like the idea of a mix of fast sweeping roads, hilly cross country D roads and history, this is the tour for you. Always a favourite tour!

Meet point will be Portsmouth for the Thursday evening night sailing to Le Havre. Those making their own way over to Le Havre will rendezvous with rest of the group either in Le Havre or some other local point as arranged.

Day 1 will see us making our way through Calvados and calling at Vimoutiers, Domfront before riding the Bocages countryside in to Bayeux. The day should be around 200 miles of top class riding on some fabulous roads.

Day 2 is ride along the D-Day Beaches including Pegasus Bridge, Arromanches and Omaha Beach.

Day 3 is probably the riding highlight of the weekend as we ride the Suisse Normande which as the name suggests is Normandy's mini Switzerland. The ferry departs 17.15 local time and we should dock in Portsmouth around 9.45pm

Bayeux is a fantastic base and the restored medieval city has a great choice of restaurants and bars so we can expect a great social side to this tour too

Price £363 Inc ferry, £263 no ferry. 2 nights in Bayeux. 

Contact Alan Binks for more details - Link on Facebook Blueyonder Motorcycle Tours - Blueys Page
I love a Honda. Proud father of a 2000 Honda CBR929 Fireblade and 1972 Honda CB500 K1. Oh, and two children!

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
I love a Honda. Proud father of a 2000 Honda CBR929 Fireblade and 1972 Honda CB500 K1. Oh, and two children!

Offline wolfheze

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Blueyonder Motorcycle Tours - Normandy Tour 2016
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 08:22:51 PM »
I know that part of Normandy quite well from taking my jeep over 7 or 8 times. Would have quite liked to have done it on a bike for change but am ashamed to say i'm now more of a fairweather biker  :-[
Some great relatively traffic free roads over there.

Online Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 09:41:45 PM »
We have a cottage in Normandy. Absolutely excellent roads, scenery, history, food and people. Highly recommend it. Bikers very welcome everywhere (refreshing)

Plotting a way to have a bike out there myself when cottage finished.

Tim
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

jimv50

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 06:34:26 PM »
Lovely part of the world, my mum and dad used to go every year, lots to do and see, and dad used to get his Citroens serviced properly.
As a west country boy originally it breaks my heart to admit that the Normans make the best cider in the world.

Online Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 12:51:04 AM »
Yes the cider is good. Also Calvados country or "Calva" to the locals. Mixed with cider too, gives a drink known as Pomeaux. Deliciously smooth and easy to drink but strong, so need to be aware!
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal