Author Topic: This looks worrying on pattern parts  (Read 1237 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
This looks worrying on pattern parts
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:45:45 PM »
see :-

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,155043.0.html

Only pattern rubber part I bought and not fittedyet  is a camchain tensioner idler wheel for one of my CB250's (same part as CB750) . I got it from DS and not fitted it yet. I asked him once about technical specs. etc on the rubber replacement parts he sells but all I got back was "100's of purchasers of them zero complaints... info  the property of the the manufacturer". I will ask my mate at the Uni. to measure its's hardness/material type. They should be extended temperature grade nitrile rubber if equivalent to OEM.  Definitely not buying any Cruzinimage stuff now ...too risky ...  always thought that their low prices are too good to be true.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:48:56 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: This looks worrying on pattern parts
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 01:03:27 PM »
I read that as well ash, tbh on the inside of any engines i will build it has to be honda parts, it is just not worth the risk
pete

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: This looks worrying on pattern parts
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 04:08:44 PM »
Well guys, I can still hear Bitsa laughing at pattern parts, if there is a choice, I only buy genuine parts for inside the engine, may seem more expensive, but when something critical "let's go" while the engine is running, how much did you save with the cheaper option??????
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal