Author Topic: Cruzinimage Gasket Sets  (Read 3252 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Cruzinimage Gasket Sets
« on: February 26, 2016, 06:49:18 PM »
Just finishing off Alan's (MCTID) CB750K4 engine.

I have used a Cruzinimage gasket set, and may I say it will be the last time. It is cheap for a reason.

Most of the casing gaskets fit okay but they are larger than they need to be and stick out of the joints. The head gasket has gone in the bin as the dowel holes are punched too close together so the gasket won't lie flat against the barrels, and if pushed down crumples on the thin bit around the cam chain tunnel. There are no o-ring seals for the oil supply galleries to the head (4 off), nor any head bolt cover seals (Pontefract Cakes). The seal for the starter cover is too small. No o-rings for under the cam towers. Etc etc.

This has to be the most incomplete gasket set I have ever used.

Anybody else had this problem with the Cruzinimage kits for other models.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline onethumb

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Cruzinimage Gasket Sets
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 08:59:25 PM »
Good info Roy now I won't be buying those, so whos gaskets are you going to use?

Thanks.
"20 in a 40 is not safe driving"

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:40:13 PM »
TBH I won't be buying anything from them .. heard differing reports so best stay clear in my book. I suppose I am as guilty as the next man in that we  are often prepared to spend a small fortune on paint, chroming etc but squawk at prices of Genuine engine parts.. I think OEM supplied parts are fine like ART pistons and Riken rings but to fit a dubious engine part other than these is spoiling the ship for a ha'p'orth  of tar ( well not quite that cheap but you know what I mean). Trigger will shoot me down in flames over this I know.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 09:43:42 PM »
I got a first oversize piston kit from them for my hustler, £36 for 2 pistons with gudgeon pins, rings and circlips, they arrived within 3 days and seem fine, I got them weighed at work and they were virtually identical in weight , the machinist that did the rebore said the Pistons appeared to be well made,  I've had them in for 1k miles now, so far so good!, I did a fair bit checking on various forums and in the main the reports were positive but when people have had issues with parts cruzinimage would not respond to emails, thanks for the warning about their gasket sets Roy we can all steer clear of them for such parts.
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:04:15 PM »
That's reassuring i have a 750 set on the way 1mm o/s pistons
Trigger is ok with them.
I'll report back when they get here
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 10:08:11 PM »
I have used their pistons in a 750 and a 350F and confirm that they are very well made. The gasket sets are only adequate to say the least. The clutches appear to be pretty good as are the carb repair kits (although I have a question mark over the 750 float valves).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:16:20 PM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Piki

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 10:17:24 PM »
I bought from them a 400 Four and 550 k3, carbs kit, all perfect about it.
Regards.

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 11:12:57 PM »
TBH I won't be buying anything from them .. heard differing reports so best stay clear in my book. I suppose I am as guilty as the next man in that we  are often prepared to spend a small fortune on paint, chroming etc but squawk at prices of Genuine engine parts.. I think OEM supplied parts are fine like ART pistons and Riken rings but to fit a dubious engine part other than these is spoiling the ship for a ha'p'orth  of tar ( well not quite that cheap but you know what I mean). Trigger will shoot me down in flames over this I know.
Ash, are you referring to Trigger - Associate CEO of Cruzinimage ?  ;D ;D ;D I purchased a carb kit off of them last year, all parts fitted really well and I  did plenty of miles and had no problems at all. I have just purchased rings for my CB550 from them and do not anticipate any problems.
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 11:22:33 PM »
Ash, are you referring to Trigger - Associate CEO of Cruzinimage ?  ;D ;D ;D I purchased a carb kit off of them last year, all parts fitted really well and I  did plenty of miles and had no problems at all. I have just purchased rings for my CB550 from them and do not anticipate any problems.

Thought he was co owner of 99p shop  ;D ;D. Probably me being too fussy Julie 
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »
+1 on the carb kits.  I bought 4 for the Katana,  no problems found.  After reading this thread, I'd avoid his gasket sets though.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 11:19:16 AM »
I too have used a carb kit with no problems.
Personally I have no problem with buying some items from a supplier where the quality seems OK and not buying other items where the quality is known to be dubious.
Seems slight overkill to not use a particular supplier just because their gasket sets are not up to scratch when their other stuff is perfectly good.

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 10:48:19 PM »
I've done about 500 miles on piston kit from them (836 std comp kit) and running great. Quality looked good when I was building engine. I researched .net forum and Hondaman said they where ok - good to hear that 'our hondaman' trigger things they are ok too!
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »
just got a set of carb kits,

arrived in a week,

4 plastic bags of goodies,even different main jets for different markets,

very impressed so far,

as far as gaskets,I use RPM for athena clutch gaskets,

they are local,so can pick up if I need another
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan