SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

CB550K3 cable routing

(1/2) > >>

Ashdowner:
Can someone p[lease tell me if both throttle cables route between the forks or outside of the Right hand fork? My push (return) return cable seems to be too short to go between, and consequently the bend to the grip is so tight that it has kinked.

paul G:

--- Quote from: Ashdowner on March 31, 2016, 08:15:11 AM ---Can someone p[lease tell me if both throttle cables route between the forks or outside of the Right hand fork? My push (return) return cable seems to be too short to go between, and consequently the bend to the grip is so tight that it has kinked.

--- End quote ---

Ash,
           Mine go down in front of the lamp holder ear at the back of the head light bowl.
Hope you can see from the picture.

MikeM:
this might help

Ashdowner:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the diagram, but there is no way that the throttle cables will follow that route. The "push" cable is just over 80cm long and I can't get it between the fork stanchions never mind down the left hand side of the frame. It goes straight from the grip to the front of the tank (right hand side and outside the fork stanchions) and anything else will mean it doesn't reach. I went to Wemoto to check their pattern cables and found they were the same length as mine. I'm stumped.

Bryanj:
Wrong cable or wrong bars

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version