Author Topic: Rubber repair  (Read 2636 times)

Offline totty

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Rubber repair
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 10:18:38 AM »
It's less interesting than making one, but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't source one of these by spending a few hours with broad search terms and checking dimensions. There may even be aftermarket inlet and carb kits that are cheaper than 3d printing a mould and having one moulded.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 10:29:12 AM »
It's less interesting than making one, but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't source one of these by spending a few hours with broad search terms and checking dimensions. There may even be aftermarket inlet and carb kits that are cheaper than 3d printing a mould and having one moulded.

I steer clear of aftermarket rubbers ... lots of bad reports on the USA site. If you are gonna buy them new get Gen if possible.

Still in the process of doing some temp/harness/swell tests on aftermarket ones ... I suppose if we can weed the 'wheat from the chaff' there may be decent ones out there. You can vastly improve the surface finish of some parts (grommets etc using 'Electrolube RRR (Rubber Roller Restorer) '... it's used to get the ozone crazing from printer rubber rollers but works on bike parts too.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »
Hm,
Rubber roller restorer - presumably that was the job you were supposed to be doing and you accidentally found it was good for bike parts.
Where I served my Apprenticeship I thought it was a bike and car restorers - it was a while before I realised they were making Aircraft!
Ian

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 10:34:16 PM »
It's less interesting than making one, but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't source one of these by spending a few hours with broad search terms and checking dimensions. There may even be aftermarket inlet and carb kits that are cheaper tan 3d printing a mould and having one moulded.

I agree but I have spent a good few months looking if not years ...it's on my list of parts to source. ...i got this in a load of parts that I had to buy to get the correct manifold
I think the search will go on.....I will probably have ago with sikaflex and self amalgamate tape for now. ..

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 11:36:08 PM »
Hm,
Rubber roller restorer - presumably that was the job you were supposed to be doing and you accidentally found it was good for bike parts.
Where I served my Apprenticeship I thought it was a bike and car restorers - it was a while before I realised they were making Aircraft!
Ian

I found an Apple Colour laser printer  languishing in the storeroom at a Hull Uni. unloved. A squirt of that RRR stuff got it to spring to life again and it performed after that without fault for about 5 years. That colour laser was so expensive when new that there was a 1000 USD  charge built into the purchase for the installation engineer to install & commission it !

http://cpc.farnell.com/electrolube/rrr250/rubber-roller-restorer-rrr-250ml/dp/SA01296
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal