Author Topic: At it again another Sandcast from Frank  (Read 4723 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: At it again another Sandcast from Frank
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 05:35:01 PM »
More than 7.400 of those bikes, every week another for sale =ultra rare?
cheers, Uli

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 06:53:33 PM »
go back a few years and there were only a handful in the UK, now it seems like one a month is coming up for grabs, the yanks will regret letting them go so cheap after seeing europeans getting such high prices
theses bikes were a complete game changer for the motorcycle industry and so are sought after by collectors, the price of them never goes down and certainly goes up faster than most investments, you never see them being ridden on the road,
pete

Offline Sgt.Pinback

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 07:12:58 PM »
Here in Germany those US- sandcast cost about 30 t€ (thats about 23.800 GBP). But it takes long to sell them.

There had been a really nice one at this price here in Stuttgart at a big dealer. He offered her for almost a year.
(Must have been sold last weekend when there was a fairy).

To me, thats a rare bike:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Honda-CB750-K0-Diecast-Classic-Vintage-Rare-UK-Bike-Beautiful-Condition-/131568135643?hash=item1ea2126ddb:g:mFUAAOSwLVZVu2dS
cheers, Uli

Offline MeilakJ

• SOHC Member
  • Life is what you make it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 07:32:29 PM »
Nice examples!!

Just noted the one that ULI showed that it has only 1 number difference from the Frame number to the engine number !! Is that abit more unusual for these bikes ?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 09:21:30 PM »
Let me point out to you that most professional motorcycle restorers are not salesmen. Therefore, most restorers give their bikes on SOR (sale or return) to people like Frank  ;)

Here's the link you need http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php/topic,1680.0.html
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:23:47 PM by Trigger »

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 10:04:45 PM »
Let me point out to you that most professional motorcycle restorers are not salesmen. Therefore, most restorers give their bikes on SOR (sale or return) to people like Frank  ;)

Here's the link you need http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php/topic,1680.0.html

Frank's  words  ;) "This bike was restored by myself over the last seven weeks by burning the midnight oil on more than one occasion, No expence spared"
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 10:10:33 PM »
That is a very good salesman's pitch ;) ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 10:22:25 PM »
That is a very good salesman's pitch ;) ;)

Yea you are probably right.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 10:31:53 PM »
My sales pitch was;  I am no salesman, I am a Honda Engineer, there are the keys, take it for a ride. If you like it then buy it! You can't get any more truthful than that.

By the way, does anyone like my new Avatar?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 10:37:00 PM »
'7 weeks to restore a Sandcast', blimey, it would take me at least that long to source the parts for the engine, never mind the rest of the bike  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 10:42:11 PM »
My sales pitch was;  I am no salesman, I am a Honda Engineer, there are the keys, take it for a ride. If you like it then buy it! You can't get any more truthful than that.

Yea love it .. your best sales person, by far,  is Julie BTW  ;D ;D ;D ;D  .. Who is going to question the honesty and integrity of a demure nurse? (those were Abbey Titmuss's words BTW  ;D)

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 10:48:38 PM »

Yea love it .. your best sales person, by far,  is Julie BTW  ;D ;D ;D ;D  .. Who is going to question the honesty and integrity of a demure nurse? (those were Abbey Titmuss's words BTW  ;D)

No one ever questions me Ash, especially when I'm wearing my Matron's uniform. (well, it works for me but maybe you boy's shouldn't try it !!!!)  ;D ;D ;D ;D
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 07:18:29 AM »
oohhhh Matron

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal