SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

honda cb550 K3 oil seal set

(1/2) > >>

bigmockuk:
Hi everyone im still quietly working away on the bike,like i`ve said before i`ve never stripped one of these but am used to twins and am doing really well up til now.i found most seals were in poor condition so bought a full gasket/seal set from ebay,just came today,the problem is im not sure about where some go! for instance 1st up is 8 green seals 91301-200-000 nothing like these came off when i stripped it down? 2nd up is 4 91319-323-000 which i think is for the head side covers but i think they would break before they got on as not stretchy enough? 3rd up is 4 91305-323-000 not a clue and 4 of these 91303-035-000 and also 11 tappet cover seals or are some spares,any help at all would be appreciated as spent the evening trying to fathom it out,thanks

Trigger:
The Green ones are for the valve guides if you take them out.
The 91319-323-000 are for the end caps and will go on.
You should have 12 tappet cover o'rings as 4 are for the inlet manifold's.

bigmockuk:
Thanks trigger im not gonna disturb the valve guides but interestingly i see two of the thin washers that fit on before the inner valve springs are missing..... as for the side head covers the seals on them actually appear quite good but maybe try changing one if i can get a new one to fit over first thanks

Trigger:
There should be two thin washers under the valve springs. One is smaller dia that the other, one is for the outer spring to sit on and one for the inner spring.

bigmockuk:
ye thats right all the larger dia ones are there only two small one amiss i may be able to find an equavalent? for these

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version