Author Topic: fitting a pattern seat  (Read 3980 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: fitting a pattern seat
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »
Matthew,
Good to hear you are an honest seller,buyer I was not knocking you but you know as well as I do boy buy this its the dogs.That does not sound like you so if apologies are necessary then they are due.You carry on mate wish you the best
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »
Mickwin,
I agreee with you but
Because I do not think I am long for this world don't know why but #@%$ it if I want it I will have it.Arrogant I know but just looking at my bike never mind riding it I love it and if I am a miserable old bastard do you despise me of that pleasure?I think not Again who the frack cares at this time of life?I wish all on this site they achieve all they wish for.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 08:15:50 AM »
Why do people even try to fit a patten seat when there are nice NOS ones about. As Bitsa will tell you, this is a fair price for a bit of luxury for your arse.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111330860607?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

One point about the Honda new  ones is the pattern for the K2 was different (four ingrained panels not 3) at the rear and really rare. I was cheesed off when my 750K0 came fitted with a K2 seat but I got really good money for it from a lady who was buying it as a surprise Christmas present for her dad. Why can't my kids buy me presents like that !. Ended up getting a NOS K1 genuine seat from Silver's  and taking it apart to convert to a K0 'ducktial' just for the pan and trim. Broke my heart to strip a beautifully made seat. My K0 also came with a spare set of UK K2 handlebars too, which also proved to be rare!

Cheers .... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »
Hey ash, have you still got the NOS K1 seat cover?

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 12:49:13 PM »
Hey ash, have you still got the NOS K1 seat cover?

Sorry James.. sold it to a guy in Germany who was over the moon with it. Sold the Foam to a guy in Australia and the latches etc to a guy in Belgium. Like to trade internationally  ;)

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 01:13:26 PM »
Ha ha love it!!

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 07:51:26 PM »
To be honest, my comment was a bit filppant. I do tend to do bin bag over the seat repairs in order to keep things going along whilst I look out for cheap used parts though. Trouble is they are getting fewer and futher between for these bikes, and prices do inevitably seem to be on the up, though not as much as bmw aircooled twins which I experimentally ventured into for the 3 years most expensive motorcycling I ever had - when someone buys my old bmw's they'll be getting a bargin as both benefitted from brand new clutches and pro recon gearboxes and will inevitably sell cheap as winter did it's dammage to cosmetics and everyone buys the paintwork, not the bike.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal