Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Jontyp on April 25, 2016, 12:13:18 PM

Title: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: Jontyp on April 25, 2016, 12:13:18 PM
Hi All
Just joined as I've just won a CB750 on fleabay. It's gonna be a tinkering project over an indeterminate period of time. I've had bikes since I left school in 1978 and my first CB was a lovely little 400/4 that I did a 460 Yoshimura tune on. Probably the best fun I've ever had on a bike.
Anyway, I'm sure I'll be along to pick peoples brains and maybe help some others if I can.
Cheers
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on April 25, 2016, 12:34:40 PM
Hi there from Stuttgart,

I too started in 1978 with a CB400.
Have fun and post some pics of you 750
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: Laverda Dave on April 25, 2016, 12:56:18 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I started in 1978 on a 1966 CB160. I graduated up to a CB400/4 in 1980 and have had one ever since  :).
Good luck with the CB750.
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: UK Pete on April 25, 2016, 05:48:38 PM
Hi and welcome aboard fella, can we see pictures of your new bike
pete
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: mick on April 25, 2016, 06:47:21 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum  ;) cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: Jontyp on April 25, 2016, 07:37:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome folks. No pics available yet coz I won't pick it up till sunday. I'll post some up when I've found its best angle  ;)
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: philward on April 25, 2016, 09:15:36 PM
Welcome, enjoy the forum and good luck with the 750 - just double your budget! (thats normally the way)
Phil
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: Jontyp on April 25, 2016, 09:29:10 PM
What's a budget, please?  :) :) :)
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: Bryanj on April 26, 2016, 08:57:25 AM
Approx 10 times what you tell the wife
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: Trigger on April 26, 2016, 09:11:50 AM
Approx 10 times what you tell the wife

 ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: Jontyp on April 26, 2016, 08:25:22 PM
Shhh, keep it down. What SWMBO doesn't know won't hurt her.
Title: Re: Hello from sunny Shropshire
Post by: Pops400 on April 27, 2016, 10:11:44 PM
Welcome.

Hello from rainy Shropshire.  :-\