Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Honda Al on April 28, 2016, 06:30:40 PM
-
Hi all,
Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but what is the adjustment setting for a CB500 K1?
I've read two pieces of information -
1. 1 turn + 1/8
2. 1 1/2 to 2 turns.
Anybody found one better than the other?
Thanks, Alan
-
Original air-filter/box?
Which jet size?
-
Original air-filter/box?
Which jet size?
Original air filter and box. Not sure about the jet size - assuming standard?? I've not changed it.
-
What source says 1 1/2 to 2 turns?
1 turn +/- 1/8 is official but for some reason the yanks have different.
-
Hi all,
Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but what is the adjustment setting for a CB500 K1?
I've read two pieces of information -
1. 1 turn + 1/8
2. 1 1/2 to 2 turns.
Anybody found one better than the other?
Thanks, Alan
pilot jet 40
main jet 100
airscrew 1 plus/minus 1/8
BUT after a Cruzimage rebuild kit,seems to be better at 1 1/4 airscrew,suggest you start at 1 turn,then adjust by 1/8 and see
how it goes
-
What source says 1 1/2 to 2 turns?
1 turn +/- 1/8 is official but for some reason the yanks have different.
Clymer manual.
-
What source says 1 1/2 to 2 turns?
1 turn +/- 1/8 is official but for some reason the yanks have different.
Clymer manual.
Although there's a Clymer on the shelf, I never consult it. If you refer to page 109, it could well be a CB550 carb is in that picture.
When I set my CB500 like Clymer says, it will pick up poorly and runs hotter the last kms in the city when I return from a ride. Mine is happy around 1 turn out.
You may read: http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,9915.msg70445.html#msg70445