Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on May 01, 2016, 07:47:28 PM
-
Hi Guys
The bearing in the inner crankcase the hold the gearbox shaft is a bit rough and needs replacing. The bearing designation is 6209 and I have done a search for a quality make (SKF, etc) but one of the options when ordering is 'standard or C3 clearance'. I've googled c3 cleasance and it says less than standard clearance - for high temperature applications but should not be used unless specified. I have also seen them advertised as crankshaft bearings. The bearing has just got 6204 and NSK (make)
Do I need standard or C3?
Cheers
Phil
-
STD, unless you are going racing but, I am not sure on the clearance of the c3 as every manufacture seems to have there own spec.
-
Now is it 6204 or 6209 as they ain't the same
-
Sorry - that was a typo - its 6204 - senior moment!