Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Rozabikes Tim on May 08, 2016, 08:40:14 PM

Title: Pattern clutch cable - opinions?
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on May 08, 2016, 08:40:14 PM
Looking to get my 400 up and running to see if there are any problems before I start restoration.

 No clutch cable at present, so looking to get one. Are original parts still available and what are the best pattern brands? What issues should I be concerned about etc.

Advice appreciated.

Tim
Title: Re: Pattern clutch cable - opinions?
Post by: hairygit on May 08, 2016, 08:59:02 PM
Yes, genuine ones are still available, not particularly cheap, but they fit perfectly, perform better than any pattern one on the market. D.S.S. also do one from the original equipment manufacturer, obviously exactly the same part they supply Honda with, but not in a Honda bag, so is cheaper!

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Pattern clutch cable - opinions?
Post by: Chris400F on May 08, 2016, 09:16:26 PM
I hear what is said about using genuine parts but I fitted one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Honda-CB-400-4-F2-Four-1979-400-CC-Hi-Quality-Clutch-Cable-/131741461628?hash=item1eac672c7c:g:ZYsAAOSwDN1UNq5Q
No problems with fit and cable seems fine to me.
Title: Re: Pattern clutch cable - opinions?
Post by: Chris400F on May 08, 2016, 10:08:51 PM
Another thought - as you have no cable at present you may not know the routing.
Check out the CB400F Dealer Setup Instructions in Ashimoto's Dropbox if you need the details.
Title: Re: Pattern clutch cable - opinions?
Post by: Rozabikes Tim on May 08, 2016, 10:40:04 PM
Cheers Chris top advice.