Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: masonmart on May 13, 2016, 12:17:39 PM

Title: Valve collets
Post by: masonmart on May 13, 2016, 12:17:39 PM
I've managed to lose one and am just ready to put the valves back in. does anybody have one? They seem to be very rare.

Please call me on 07725072273, I can collect if in the SE

Edit, David Silver have them although they don't list them so I've ordered some but I'm still looking too.

CMSNL have them but E14 postage charge for one Collet
Title: Re: Valve collets
Post by: Trigger on May 13, 2016, 02:47:39 PM
Have shed loads in stock but, I am in Lincolnshire :)
Title: Re: Valve collets
Post by: masonmart on May 14, 2016, 07:57:36 AM
Have shed loads in stock but, I am in Lincolnshire :)

Thanks Trigger. I'll wait until they come from DS now as I'm held up on other things.

What do you have in the way of spares?
Title: Re: Valve collets
Post by: Trigger on May 14, 2016, 08:36:23 AM
Have shed loads in stock but, I am in Lincolnshire :)

Thanks Trigger. I'll wait until they come from DS now as I'm held up on other things.

What do you have in the way of spares?

The list is long and varied  ;)
Title: Re: Valve collets
Post by: masonmart on May 18, 2016, 05:05:19 PM
Have shed loads in stock but, I am in Lincolnshire :)

Thanks Trigger. I'll wait until they come from DS now as I'm held up on other things.

What do you have in the way of spares?

The list is long and varied  ;)

tigger do you have any of the oil control valves between the top casing and barrels on a CB500 4, look like dowel pins. The part number is 12238-323-000. Disaster as I threw my pair away in a badly damaged upper crankcase
Title: Re: Valve collets
Post by: Trigger on May 18, 2016, 07:21:26 PM
Only have one of those :'(
Title: Re: Valve collets
Post by: masonmart on May 18, 2016, 07:45:50 PM
Only have one of those :'(

Would you sell it or are the tears a sorry no.
Title: Re: Valve collets
Post by: Trigger on May 18, 2016, 10:15:51 PM
I will sell you it, just a shame I don't have a pair.
Title: Re: Valve collets
Post by: JamesH on May 19, 2016, 01:48:22 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB550-Crankcases-/121989776968?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
Title: Re: Valve collets
Post by: Seabeowner on May 19, 2016, 06:12:01 PM
I have a couple of the oil control valves. Think they came from a cb550, but are the same I think.
PM me if interested.