Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => Recommended Sources for Parts and Services => Topic started by: pablo on May 19, 2016, 05:14:02 PM
-
Hi
Needed to renew my bike insurance. I'm presently with Carole Nash but had the feeling that it would go up this year as I picked up 5 points I was also fed up every time I changed a bike paying £30 for a 5 min phone call as an admin charge.
So I tried Peter James as recommended on here.
I have to say it was a pleasant experience .....I added a new bike taking it to 4 bikes as opposed to the 3 I had with CN. I added the 5 points and it was £40 cheaper than CNs renewal without the points. I had to join VJMC to get the price @£25 but that's worth it.
Helpful,clear phone service with no obvious attempts to get every bit of personal info from you ( to use in future) no trying to flog you add on insurance for everything under the sun etc etc. He had to refer it to underwriters but called back promptly. What a delight!
For info I'm 50,rural Scottish postcode,no risky occupation but the 5 speeding points bikes are-
Vfr800. 2001
Cb550. 1979
Cb400. 1976
Cb750. 1978
£140 fully comp
:)
-
Good deal. Funnily enough Carole Nash was cheapest for me recently and came up with a really good deal.
-
Used to use CN but got fed up with their renewal pricing.
I could always beat it by reentering my details online on their website.
The last straw was when i phoned them up and asked them why their renewal price was higher than what was quoted online.
I was quite politely told that online prices were to encourage new business with no further explanation.
After that i switched to Bennetts.
CN obviously don't care for repeat business.
-
I had a renewal from bennetts yesterday for £88.79, went on Go compare and it was £69.43, looked at confused.com and got it with bennetts again at £66.24. Last year it was £65.25 with bennetts, doesn't look like they look after there old customers ;)
That's on a 107BHP, 154MPH Thundercat. 2 years NCB, 50 years old and not connected to my trade policy.