Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: yozzer74 on May 20, 2016, 07:59:37 PM

Title: Indicators not flashing
Post by: yozzer74 on May 20, 2016, 07:59:37 PM
I'm on with making my wiring harness .I've wired indicators up with new led relay but they won't flash .they just stay on solid.any ideas
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: MarkCR750 on May 20, 2016, 08:17:01 PM
Are you sure that the flasher unit works, do you have another one you can slave in?
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: yozzer74 on May 20, 2016, 10:34:46 PM
It is a new one but going to get another to try
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: Bryanj on May 21, 2016, 06:02:32 AM
Either the load is wrong or the voltage is low, frequently indicators only flash with the engine running to charge the battery
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: yozzer74 on May 21, 2016, 06:24:43 AM
Cheers Bryan
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: yozzer74 on May 21, 2016, 06:32:34 AM
How do I know if the load is wrong
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: hairygit on May 21, 2016, 07:43:10 AM
I think Bryan is referring to the stock flasher unit, which needs the correct wattage bulbs to activate properly. Most led rated electronic ones it makes no odds, the load can generally be anything from zero to 250 watts. Check you have wired the flasher in correctly, often the connections will be different to stock. If that doesn't work, you've got a duff flasher!

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: yozzer74 on May 21, 2016, 12:12:54 PM
This is my relay does it matter which wire goes on which terminal .there are no markings on either one .I had one wire from switch & one from power [attachimg=1]
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: mike the bike on May 21, 2016, 04:14:34 PM
Sounds like there's only 2 wires on it.  The obvious thing to do is to swap the wires and see if it works.
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: yozzer74 on May 21, 2016, 05:58:54 PM
Done that didn't work
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: Coppertop1234 on May 21, 2016, 06:31:47 PM
Try tapping the flasher unit - it may just be stuck on the terminals inside
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: ginger_jim on May 22, 2016, 04:55:53 PM
Are you using the original indicator switch?  I had exactly the same problem, tried all sorts and it turned out to be that the switch arm was travelling too far across the contact bar because the mechanism was worn.  I restricted the travel by spacing out the housing and the indicators have been perfect ever since.  I might add that the switch didnt feel particularly loose or wobbly.  Might be worth a try, but fiddly taking the switch apart...... ;)
Title: Re: Indicators not flashing
Post by: yozzer74 on May 22, 2016, 05:55:55 PM
No ginger it's a new switch  :(