Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: petermigreen on May 22, 2016, 06:56:32 PM

Title: Hello from Peter in Hertfordshire
Post by: petermigreen on May 22, 2016, 06:56:32 PM
Hello people, I've joined your forum as I've always wanted a 400 four and aim to get one in the near future.

Like many others, I've returned to motorcycling after many years absent. I owned some little 2 strokes in my callow youth and had some little pocket rocket 400cc race reps before leaving that all behind some years ago.

I was lucky enough to be gifted a 2 stroke 1982 Yamaha RD200 some 16 years ago which sat dormant until last year which I've recently finished restoring.

Before
[attach=1]

After
[attach=2]

I also own and have restored a 1928 Ford Model A Tudor sedan.
[attach=3]


Anyway I'm itching for another bike project and decided now is the time to source a 400F.

Looking forward to owning a Honda soon and know here will be a valuable source of knowledge to tap into.

Peter
Title: Re: Hello from Peter in Hertfordshire
Post by: hairygit on May 22, 2016, 07:11:09 PM
Hi Peter, and welcome. There are many fans of the 400/4 on here, they have certainly become something of a cult bike in the last 10 years or so. Obviously you're no stranger to restoration work, love the old Ford, something really wonderful about well restored old cars! Anyway, I'm sure any questions you may have can be answered here, so look for a bike and get stuck in!
Title: Re: Hello from Peter in Hertfordshire
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 22, 2016, 07:23:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Peter. I'm sure all your questions and queries will be answered on here. Good luck in finding a CB400/4
Julie
Title: Re: Hello from Peter in Hertfordshire
Post by: Johnwebley on May 22, 2016, 07:27:56 PM
hello and welcome Peter,

 welcome to the fun world of sohc,lots of help,laughs,advice and fun


 BTW,did I see you on the aircooledrd Forum ??


Title: Re: Hello from Peter in Hertfordshire
Post by: petermigreen on May 22, 2016, 07:29:33 PM
hello and welcome Peter,

 welcome to the fun world of sohc,lots of help,laughs,advice and fun


 BTW,did I see you on the aircooledrd Forum ??
Yes, I saw also that we have common interests  ;D

Thanks for the welcomes guys.
Title: Re: Hello from Peter in Hertfordshire
Post by: Trigger on May 22, 2016, 09:26:40 PM
Welcome to the mad world of the SOHC, nice overalls  :)
Title: Re: Hello from Peter in Hertfordshire
Post by: AshimotoK0 on May 22, 2016, 09:36:26 PM
Welcome Peter,

Some downloads here for the 400/4 . Nices bikes owned 4 in my time. Still have a 9/75


CB400F PARTS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u51uf0p1dv6m29q/Honda%20CB400%20F%20Parts%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

CB350/400F SHOP MANUALWORKSHOP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n3w5433jkph228/350F%20400F%20_4%20Shop%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

CB350F Part Manual

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pieydvznvy7nhp/CB350_F_F1%20Full.pdf?dl=0

CB400F DEALER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS .. RARE !!

http://www.honda4fun.com/pdf_man_officina/CB400_set-up_man/CB400_set-up_man.pdf
Title: Re: Hello from Peter in Hertfordshire
Post by: petermigreen on May 23, 2016, 01:51:06 PM
Thanks very much for the downloads, already helped myself from the manuals section ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Hello from Peter in Hertfordshire
Post by: mick on May 27, 2016, 09:11:15 AM
Hello Peter and welcome to the forum  ;) cheers Mick.