Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: paulbaker1954 on June 03, 2016, 06:31:59 AM
-
I use a disclock on my Triumph but for the 500 with no holes in the disc, its not so simple so I bought A data tool front brake lock.
Really impressed with how easy it is to use and fits neatly under the seat when not in use.
Not sure I'd like to leave it on for days at a time, as I don't know how constant pressure may impact master cylinder seal though.
I just like a quick easy to use visible deterrent when popping to shops etc and hate carrying 3 tons of chain around which I know is better from a security point of view.
I figure if some jerk is really determined they will get the bike anyway. I even heard recently of a bike being wheeled away on 2 skateboards !!!!
The other thing I like about this is you can't forget to take it off. I have cracked a front mudguard on the Triumph by being forgetful 😅😅
-
I've ordered one, it shoud arrive today sometime. I scratched the tank by carrying a big cable lock over my shoulder so I'm reluctant to use it again so I just lock it at home with it.
-
I badly deformed a front mudguard by leaving a chain on.
I also found that the old fashioned Squire padlock fits through the hole in the front disk but I kept forgetting to take it off.
If I lock it now, which is only if I go to the big town. I take a chain big enough to go round the saddle and back wheel so I can see it.
I'm impressed by the Data tool lock, it's a neat idea.
-
Great idea, i want one
i saw on face book these scrotes angle grinded a blokes disc lock off then another guy on a scooter put his foot against the bike and pushed it down the road with the other guy riding it, all in front of people who turned a blind eye, the video was done on a phone by one of the W -anchors
Nother one a pair with a luton van and tail lift reverse up to the bike they lifted it on the tail , raised it up and dragged the bike in still with steering lock on, again f-ing anchors