Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on June 03, 2016, 10:47:21 AM

Title: Chemical removal on caliper broken off nipple
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 03, 2016, 10:47:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MQl-uySyU

Wonder if this would work on broken off brake nipples on calipers.

Going to try it on a 750K7 caliper
Title: Re: Chemical removal on caliper broken off nipple
Post by: UK Pete on June 03, 2016, 05:02:47 PM
Interesting ash, and seems like a miracle to a awkward problem
pete
Title: Re: Chemical removal on caliper broken off nipple
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 03, 2016, 11:27:04 PM
That looks simple. I'm thinking though that the caliper has a metal insert at the bottom of the thread for the nipple to butt up against, it's a sort of conical hat affair IIRC. Or maybe I just imagined that bit, been a while since I've done one.

Possibly right ... I  will bung a magnet down a good one 1st
Title: Re: Chemical removal on caliper broken off nipple
Post by: Bryanj on June 04, 2016, 02:01:55 PM
The 750 has an insert where the metal pipe goes in but not the 500 and I don't think either have an insert on the bleed nipple