Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on June 08, 2016, 11:24:19 PM

Title: Nice K1 seat
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 08, 2016, 11:24:19 PM
Steve Swan in selling this .. he's the SOOC guru. Will be a nice seat if he is selling it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB750-seat-/122006783594?hash=item1c682bc66a:g:tzEAAOSwbPxXPpGD
Title: Re: Nice K1 seat
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on June 09, 2016, 10:23:41 PM
Is K1 seat pan same as KO (I know early SC is different )?
Title: Re: Nice K1 seat
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 09, 2016, 11:28:06 PM
Is K1 seat pan same as KO (I know early SC is different )?

Yes Uli  apart from one M6 tapped hole for the spring fitted to the K1
Title: Re: Nice K1 seat
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on June 10, 2016, 06:25:38 AM
Thank you!
Title: Re: Nice K1 seat
Post by: UK Pete on June 10, 2016, 06:32:30 AM
2nd hand k1 seats rarely come on the market, and when they do they get snapped up quick for there seat base as the yamiya bases are not correct for later sandcast and k0
pete
Title: Re: Nice K1 seat
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on June 10, 2016, 07:53:50 AM
That's exactly the point.
Title: Re: Nice K1 seat
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 10, 2016, 08:04:14 AM
That's exactly the point.

I stripped a brand new K1 seat for exactly that reason but then bought a Yamiya full seat  :-[ The Yamiya base has the hole pattern of a sub 300 VIN sandcast. Bob the seat's foam and cover just didn't 'cut the mustard' and I was never happy with it.
Title: Re: Nice K1 seat
Post by: Sgt.Pinback on June 10, 2016, 09:54:17 AM
I also will have to strip down a new Yamiya red sponge seat and switch the pan for my # 1983
Luckily, I have a spare KO pan.

But good to know, # 1983 came with a K1 seat, so I´ver got another KO spare pan.

Whats a KO 17hole- pan worth?
Title: Re: Nice K1 seat
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 10, 2016, 10:32:18 AM
Well I sold a rare 500K0 metal seat pan for 27 quid on eBay a month or so ago and that's as rare as the 750K0, so that's my guess of it's value.

Easy to get too picky on the 750 ducktail  seat. NO repro currently available is correct as the original red foam had a hard rubber 'ducktail' bit in it . Not even Yamiya's finest has that insert.