Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Greebo on June 14, 2016, 11:23:42 PM

Title: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: Greebo on June 14, 2016, 11:23:42 PM
Can anyone confirm whether or not these really  cheap rubbers in the link below will fit the CB757 K6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231834211652?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: ginger_jim on June 15, 2016, 08:19:19 AM
I'm not a big fan of buying cheap Chinese sh!te but for £1.71 its worth a pop? 

I wouldn't get too excited when the postman shows up for at least a couple of weeks though.  Mail from China can take months because of customs.
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 15, 2016, 09:30:07 AM
I took a punt on two sets ..turned up faily quickly. Quality/finish looks nice but unsure if polymer type is correct. The genuine  parts harden up pretty badly anyway so think I am going to go with them
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: Greebo on June 15, 2016, 10:47:49 AM
In the ebay advert it does not say anything about them fitting the CB750 K series, although they do look the same

has anyone tried them if so will they fit the CB757 K6




http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231834211652?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 15, 2016, 01:18:18 PM
In the ebay advert it does not say anything about them fitting the CB750 K series, although they do look the same

has anyone tried them if so will they fit the CB757 K6




http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231834211652?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As I said before,  when I have time I will try them out  but it will be on a 750K0 or 500K0 frame.
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 16, 2016, 08:50:01 AM
Well they look remarkably like the ones off my 500/4 K0  and the library pics of  CB750 SOHC ONES BUT NOT K0 750 (SEE PICS)  The CB250/350K ones don't have the larger 'flange around one side but again may fit but I still need to try out on a side  panel/frame at the weekend.

240 AND 303 CENTRE PART NO'S ARE HONDA MID-60'S PARTS TYPICALLY FOUND ON CD/CL 125/175 TWINS.

300 CENTRE PART NO.  = CB750

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3][attachimg=4]


CB250/350 K0->K4


[attachimg=5]
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 16, 2016, 08:54:06 AM
CB750F1

[attachimg=1]


[attachimg=2]
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: Greebo on June 16, 2016, 12:08:59 PM
Many thanks Ash..

They certainly look the same & if they do fit its as huge saving for anyone who needs them
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: steff750 on June 16, 2016, 09:48:39 PM
 ;) ive ordered a set for that price worth a gamble, if they dont fit who cares anyway lol
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: Green1 on June 18, 2016, 06:34:10 PM
If there made from the same Chines rubber as the fork gaiters I bought they might last a year
Title: Re: Side Panel Rubbers ?
Post by: Trigger on June 18, 2016, 08:29:44 PM
If there made from the same Chines rubber as the fork gaiters I bought they might last a year

I have had some of those gaiters, started to crack after 8 months :o