Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Seabeowner on June 22, 2016, 11:21:22 AM

Title: Cam Cover Sealing Washers
Post by: Seabeowner on June 22, 2016, 11:21:22 AM
I have bought two different manufacturer top end gasket sets for my two 550s and both are missing the 6off "lozenge" rubber sealing washers that cover the access to the head nuts. Is this normal as they include the large wavy O ring for the cover itself? It is annoying as the they seem to be over £3 each, unless somebody knows otherwise.
Should they always be replaced?
I have some from a set from a 500 that I did a dozen years ago and I'm sure they were included. At least I'm OK for one bike.
Thanks
Title: Re: Cam Cover Sealing Washers
Post by: JustcallmeMrT on June 22, 2016, 12:13:41 PM
I also had to buy them separately - I was told they used to be part of the Vesrah gasket sets,  but aren't any longer.  I think I ordered them for £12 for the set off eBay.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Cam Cover Sealing Washers
Post by: Seabeowner on June 22, 2016, 12:53:49 PM
Thanks for that.
And strangely both sets include the 8off 10x1.6mm O rings that go under the valve guides. I've never replaced them. Should I?
Title: Re: Cam Cover Sealing Washers
Post by: matthewmosse on June 22, 2016, 09:02:30 PM
Maybe I am lucky but I always re use them 6 lozenge bits and as yet have not had one leak from about 4 or 5 engines and a few more top end rebuilds.
Title: Re: Cam Cover Sealing Washers
Post by: JustcallmeMrT on June 22, 2016, 10:06:22 PM
Thanks for that.
And strangely both sets include the 8off 10x1.6mm O rings that go under the valve guides. I've never replaced them. Should I?
Mine came with those too - I figured I wasn't going to have the guides pressed out just so I could replace a seal so didn't use them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk