Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Honda Al on June 26, 2016, 12:39:47 PM

Title: Bargain from Romney Marsh Bike Jumble
Post by: Honda Al on June 26, 2016, 12:39:47 PM
£30 (http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/ee2675ede73bd7e86e6810300bfbe2d2.jpg)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Bargain from Romney Marsh Bike Jumble
Post by: petermigreen on June 26, 2016, 02:58:53 PM
Wowzers! About the same price as a gasket kit for one carb!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Bargain from Romney Marsh Bike Jumble
Post by: AshimotoK0 on June 26, 2016, 03:52:26 PM
Yep ...everyone tells you that autojumbles have had their day...may be true of  Stafford but the local smaller ones can reveal some bargains. Got a reasonable  CD175 sloper tank with chrome panels and fuel tap  for ten quid last month ...would be around ten times that on eBay and at least five times that at Stafford.
Title: Re: Bargain from Romney Marsh Bike Jumble
Post by: Honda Al on June 26, 2016, 05:55:37 PM
The last time I went I found some brand new parts for £30, and when I came home would have cost £85 from DSS. Some bargains to be had! Next one is at Ardingly in July.
Title: Re: Bargain from Romney Marsh Bike Jumble
Post by: paulbaker1954 on June 27, 2016, 03:37:19 PM
Great buy - well done.

Bit like "cash in the attic" then !!
Title: Re: Bargain from Romney Marsh Bike Jumble
Post by: Nurse Julie on June 27, 2016, 06:06:46 PM
I used to go to the bike jumble at Appledore and Ashford when living down at Dungeness until a few months ago. I found it great for brit bike bits but not many Honda bits available (either that or I didn't recognise them as Honda bits !!). Went to the local Auto jumble yesterday,just along the road from where I live now, in Stickney, Lincolnshire. Managed to pick up a retro Rickman top box, with key's all for a fiver, what a bargain.
Title: Re: Bargain from Romney Marsh Bike Jumble
Post by: Ashdowner on July 12, 2016, 06:53:42 AM
The Ardingley show doesn't have a lot of old Honda bits but it usually throws up an odd surprise - the last one being an unused CB72 head.
Title: Re: Bargain from Romney Marsh Bike Jumble
Post by: AshimotoK0 on July 12, 2016, 07:34:01 AM
I used to go to the bike jumble at Appledore and Ashford when living down at Dungeness until a few months ago. I found it great for brit bike bits but not many Honda bits available (either that or I didn't recognise them as Honda bits !!). Went to the local Auto jumble yesterday,just along the road from where I live now, in Stickney, Lincolnshire. Managed to pick up a retro Rickman top box, with key's all for a fiver, what a bargain.

Caenby Corner in Lincs has a bike themed Autojumble every so often Julie. Nice folk there too and cheap to get in. Not a lot of Jap stuff but you get the odd bargain. eg £5 for a nice 323 Auto Advance (500F/400/4)