Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Honda Al on June 28, 2016, 07:34:21 PM

Title: Turning 550 carbs into 500?
Post by: Honda Al on June 28, 2016, 07:34:21 PM
Hi all,

After looking for information on this I just want to clarify - can I turn Keihin carbs 069A (550) into a Keihin carb 627B (500) by just changing the internals? jets, pilots, etc. The bodies, fittings, etc. are the same across the two models?

Thanks, Alan
Title: Re: Turning 550 carbs into 500?
Post by: JamesH on June 28, 2016, 07:45:03 PM
There's virtually no difference between the sets. The main jet size is the only major difference as far as I'm aware.
Title: Re: Turning 550 carbs into 500?
Post by: Honda Al on June 28, 2016, 07:49:16 PM
Thanks James.

Did you get my message about the exhaust I've imported south for you from Steve?
Title: Re: Turning 550 carbs into 500?
Post by: JamesH on June 28, 2016, 09:26:45 PM
Hi Al - no, but I'll check my Pm in a moment. Running a little behind on all fronts at the moment...