Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: yozzer74 on July 03, 2016, 09:14:02 PM

Title: Over charging
Post by: yozzer74 on July 03, 2016, 09:14:02 PM
Tested bike for charging I'm getting way too high volts meter is showing 19 volts when I rev bike a little .could I have wired reg rec up wrong to cause this. or is the reg rectifier just broke
Title: Re: Over charging
Post by: mike the bike on July 03, 2016, 10:20:21 PM
It might help if you post a pic of the reg rec so we can see how it's wired up
Title: Re: Over charging
Post by: neat street on July 03, 2016, 10:38:19 PM
there  should be a screw in the regulator that can adjust the charging voltage.
Title: Re: Over charging
Post by: yozzer74 on July 03, 2016, 11:36:11 PM
Definitely no screw on it .I will get a picture on
Title: Re: Over charging
Post by: Bryanj on July 04, 2016, 06:33:51 AM
If its the original mechanical reg you need to take the cover off to get at the adjusting screw BUT its probably just the floating points sticking. If its an electronic reg sorry you did something wrong and its probably fubared (same as fcucked but politer)
Title: Re: Over charging
Post by: yozzer74 on July 04, 2016, 10:16:39 AM
What could I have done wrong to f##k it up I don't want to do the same again .I have the 3 yellow wires from alt to new style reg green to earth then to reg red from starter sol black from ignition power .white from alt to reg
Title: Re: Over charging
Post by: petermigreen on July 04, 2016, 01:59:41 PM
Check your voltmeter, I've seen a similar post recently and it turned out to be the meter. You can either check it on a known voltage (like a battery that's not in circuit) or use another meter. Hope you find your gremlin!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk