Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: ashtonjason on July 21, 2016, 11:32:52 AM

Title: CB550 Dowel Pin Location
Post by: ashtonjason on July 21, 2016, 11:32:52 AM
Hi all, I am new to this and need a little help.  I am currently rebuilding a 1977 cb550 k3 and turning it into a cafe racer.  I have currently got most of the engine back from vapour blasting and have been doing a dry fit of all the internals to make sure there are no spare parts left over before I glue up the case. 

Well I have two dowel pins which I can not find a home for.  They are solid and measure 10mm x 16mm.  I have two already located in the engine case towards the carb side of the crank, but I can not find where the other two go. 

Any help would be much appreciated.  Any further information just let me know
Title: Re: CB550 Dowel Pin Location
Post by: JustcallmeMrT on July 21, 2016, 11:48:10 AM
Are they the ones from the top of the head to locate the cam cover?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Title: Re: CB550 Dowel Pin Location
Post by: ashtonjason on July 21, 2016, 11:58:23 AM
You are fantastic, yes they are.  For some reason I thought bolts went through, but wrong there.  This is great news I can get on with joining the case together.

Once again, thanks,
Title: Re: CB550 Dowel Pin Location
Post by: JustcallmeMrT on July 21, 2016, 01:14:15 PM
No worries,  good luck with the build!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk