Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: MrDavo on July 22, 2016, 11:31:27 AM

Title: K1 tank trim strip
Post by: MrDavo on July 22, 2016, 11:31:27 AM
One of the little things that has always bugged me, though noone has ever mentioned it, is the lack of a black stripe on the trim along the bottom of my tank. Whether my trim is off a K0, or the stripe got tatty and was polished or stripped off, I don't know.

I did buy a NOS trim a while back from DSS, but there was only one side available, and I haven't found another.Browsing through D Silver's website the other day I spotted that he has had some made, so I ordered a pair, £19, plus VAT & P&P. The postman was puzzled to deliver a large box that weighed nothing - as these strips are easily damaged, they were packed in a lot of fresh air!

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K1-FOUR-1971/part_125409/

The finish is good, the main difference with my one NOS one is that that is covered in that same yellowed (with age?) plastic that I often see on Honda alloy levers (not mine), these aren't.

After struggling to clip them on from below I took the tank off, and slid them on from the rear:

(http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/roycropper/IMG_1225.jpg)

I think the result looks very good, even if I am the only one that notices.

(http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/roycropper/IMG_1227.jpg)
Title: Re: K1 tank trim strip
Post by: Aly-b on July 22, 2016, 11:59:50 AM
Looks very nice.