Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => Other Bikes => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on July 25, 2016, 07:04:30 PM

Title: CD125A.... Dodgy US bike importers / Sometimes worth having 2 daughters
Post by: AshimotoK0 on July 25, 2016, 07:04:30 PM
Stripped the top end of my ’68 CD125A 'sloper'  'tiddler' US import yesterday. Cam and rockers in good shape but the seller said ‘it tried to start  & had a decent spark' ... easy restoration project ’ . When I took the points cover off it didn’t have any points or points plate fitted,  so God knows how it generated a spark ! Seller was from James's neck of the woods !! Somebody must have stripped the motor and reassembled it with the pistons caked in some silver greasy stuff. Worst thing was one piston just had an oil control  ring and no compression rings fitted. Further re-enforces my argument that US import, low-milers are not always what they seem or as described by the sellers. Marked the rockers with Katie's nail varnish ..so the girls do have some uses.

[attachimg=2]
Title: Re: CD125A.... Dodgy US bike importers / Sometimes worth having 2 daughters
Post by: Trigger on July 25, 2016, 07:16:48 PM
OK Ash, you can tell us what is your favourite colour. Don't be shy now ;D
Title: Re: CD125A.... Dodgy US bike importers / Sometimes worth having 2 daughters
Post by: AshimotoK0 on July 25, 2016, 07:19:07 PM
OK Ash, you can tell us what is your favourite colour. Don't be shy now ;D

Don't want to make Julie jealous !  ;D ;D
Title: Re: CD125A.... Dodgy US bike importers / Sometimes worth having 2 daughters
Post by: Nurse Julie on July 25, 2016, 07:37:06 PM
You can tell me Ash, I will keep it a secret  ;) ;) As long as it's not the same pink that Trigger wears when he's 'Claire'. I can't have you both wearing the same colour when your playing dressing up games, now that would be weird  ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: CD125A.... Dodgy US bike importers / Sometimes worth having 2 daughters
Post by: hairygit on July 25, 2016, 08:18:57 PM
Some of us don't get any choice in the matter! My daughter was 10 at the time, I'd been up late working the night before, and had a cider at lunchtime, sat down to watch a film, and woke up to her sniggering, and my nails in a strange array of colours, including sparkly ones! Then she told me she had no polish remover, and I was stuck with them all weekend till I bought some after the weekend.[attachimg=1]
Title: Re: CD125A.... Dodgy US bike importers / Sometimes worth having 2 daughters
Post by: Nurse Julie on July 25, 2016, 08:22:48 PM
Hahaha, the colour suits you Hairy  ; :o :o :o
Title: Re: CD125A.... Dodgy US bike importers / Sometimes worth having 2 daughters
Post by: Honda Al on July 25, 2016, 08:24:33 PM
Some of us don't get any choice in the matter! My daughter was 10 at the time, I'd been up late working the night before, and had a cider at lunchtime, sat down to watch a film, and woke up to her sniggering, and my nails in a strange array of colours, including sparkly ones! Then she told me she had no polish remover, and I was stuck with them all weekend till I bought some after the weekend. (Attachment Link)

Ha ha ha. Brilliant!! I've got a 4yr old so I'm going to keep my wits about me and be on guard for the future!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk