Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: tarmac on August 10, 2016, 07:37:48 PM

Title: valve tappet covers
Post by: tarmac on August 10, 2016, 07:37:48 PM
I have managed to break one of the screw in valve covers on my sohc 750 f2,....there is one on ebay but it's from a cb550,..........are these the same as the f2.

    cheers Terry
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: hairygit on August 10, 2016, 07:54:14 PM
Yes, they are the same. Even C90 ones fit!
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: tarmac on August 10, 2016, 07:57:37 PM
thanks for that Hairygit,will get one ordered.

cheers terry
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: Trigger on August 10, 2016, 08:02:50 PM
Cheap >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CB550-K-1974-78-Tappet-Cover-New-/140948070141
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: tarmac on August 10, 2016, 08:21:41 PM
just ordered 2 Trigger,much appreciated,terry

 
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: hairygit on August 10, 2016, 08:55:14 PM
Not that cheap Trig, I bought a set of 8, with the rubber seals for £6.45 inc post from Thailand (they were listed for C50/70/90) and arrived in about 10 days, seem to be very good quality for pattern parts.
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: Trigger on August 10, 2016, 09:11:18 PM
Not that cheap Trig, I bought a set of 8, with the rubber seals for £6.45 inc post from Thailand (they were listed for C50/70/90) and arrived in about 10 days, seem to be very good quality for pattern parts.

Do you have a link Hairy ? I find it hard to get top quality ones for polishing and sometimes end up buying a rocker cover, just to get the tappet covers.
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: hairygit on August 10, 2016, 09:18:14 PM
I'll dig it out for you tomorrow Trig, need to be on my PC to find it!
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: Trigger on August 10, 2016, 09:24:57 PM
I'll dig it out for you tomorrow Trig, need to be on my PC to find it!

Don't forget me now ;)
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: Bryanj on August 11, 2016, 06:55:43 AM
C90 are none polished nor laquered but 500/750 are
Title: Re: valve tappet covers
Post by: tarmac on August 12, 2016, 10:59:51 AM
Cheap >> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CB550-K-1974-78-Tappet-Cover-New-/140948070141


2 covers arrived today trigger and very happy with them,........used one to replaced the broken one and the other to replace a hammered off one by previous owner,........[might just buy another one or two?]......but first got to have a look and find out why the bike went onto  cylinders 2 and 3 and nothing from 1 and 4,??. will have to leave that till I come back from a weeks holiday

 cheers terry