Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: v8legend on September 13, 2016, 02:46:24 PM

Title: Newbs here
Post by: v8legend on September 13, 2016, 02:46:24 PM
Hi all. Unfortunately, I found the US forum 1st. So, after introducing myself there, I thought I'd better do it here. My regular ride is an MT09 Tracer. However, I've been hankering after a modern classic for a while. I nearly bought a CB550 a week ago, but have instead ended up with 2 and a bit 400/4's. One goes, and won't take much to get through an MOT. The other will be a full nut and bolt resto. I'm guessing that having the 1st for reference will be handy. I doubt my wife will agree though!

I'll try and post some pics soon
Title: Re: Newbs here
Post by: Nurse Julie on September 13, 2016, 03:06:21 PM
Welcome. Nice to see another CB400/4 owner on this forum. Have fun.
Title: Re: Newbs here
Post by: Johnwebley on September 13, 2016, 03:17:30 PM
Welcome. Nice to see another CB400/4 owner on this forum. Have fun.

 echoes Julies welcome,

 anyone that loves early Hondas is more than welcome,have fun,and join in
Title: Re: Newbs here
Post by: Drew400 on September 13, 2016, 05:31:40 PM
Here here to those sentiments. We should all have 2 and a bit bikes for reference... like that idea!

Cheers, D.
Title: Re: Newbs here
Post by: Chris400F on September 13, 2016, 06:00:12 PM
Greetings from me too.
Good choice of bike, although I may be slightly biased!
Plenty of advice on here whatever the problem.
Title: Re: Newbs here
Post by: royhall on September 13, 2016, 06:42:24 PM
Welcome, and good luck with the build.
Title: Re: Newbs here
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 13, 2016, 07:07:20 PM
Greetings, parts service and dealer setup manuals in my Dropbox links if you need 'em

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,8884.0.html
Title: Re: Newbs here
Post by: v8legend on September 13, 2016, 10:23:34 PM
Thanks everyone. Useful links there, I'm sure they'll be used. I got a Haynes manual and Honda parts list with the bikes. I was planning to start this weekend, but it's Kop Hill and sunny (this is supposed to be a winter project!). I'm looking forward to getting these bikes on the road.