Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on September 19, 2016, 08:05:52 AM

Title: Anyone know a source of frame tubing?
Post by: AshimotoK0 on September 19, 2016, 08:05:52 AM
One of my CB250K0's needs the bottom tube replacing. I could weld up the holes but I would rather do a proper job and TIG weld a new tube into it, as we have the bending gear at work and it's not a complicated shape anyway. A member on HondaTwins.net  (& also on here) suggested Reynolds 531 tubing. Anyone know where to buy frame tubing? I will measure the OD/wall thickness.
Title: Re: Anyone know a source of frame tubing?
Post by: RGP750 on September 19, 2016, 08:57:59 AM
You could ask moto liner Ash they are really helpful.
Title: Re: Anyone know a source of frame tubing?
Post by: K2-K6 on September 19, 2016, 09:07:00 AM
Reynolds 531 if I'm not mistaken has traditionally not been welded by tig / mig as the temperature is a problem, it's usually brazed as you can get hardening effects local to the weld site that reduces integrity and promotes stress failure.

Think modern weld compatible Reynolds would be 520 or 525.